• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***OFFICIAL*** BBL | 06 Thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's really excellent from KP - hitting the weak 5th bowler for 6 first ball just puts so much pressure back on the Gades.

Nice first over Patto..

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here I am watching Big Bash on a Saturday afternoon on the internet!

I've a sad life.

Great reverse sweep by Pietersen.

TheJediBrah

Someone in Stars management must have money on the Renegades

sending Harper ahead of Faulkner and Hussey is moronic. It's bad enough that he's batting ahead of the bowlers.

TheJediBrah

I reckon this might be the first BBL season that had several local players that play virtually no other competitive cricket other than Big Bash.

David Hussey and Tim Paine are the ones I can think of, there are probably others. Johan Botha?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well we've had Hussey's more famous brother, Hogg, Warne and MacGill in the Bash in the past. Johnson and Watto this year too.

Chris Green I guess counts as an essentially t20 player only who isn't a retiree, Aiden Blizzard too and Jono Dean, Clive Rose as well since I think he was dumped by Tasmania IIRC, Laughlin, Dwarshuis.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Well we've had Hussey's more famous brother, Hogg, Warne and MacGill in the Bash in the past. Johnson and Watto this year too.

Chris Green I guess counts as an essentially t20 player only who isn't a retiree, Aiden Blizzard too and Jono Dean.
A lot of those guys play IPL and stuff as well though

DHussey and Paine don't seem to play anything other than BBL

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tim Paine doesn't count, he plays in the OD matches.

BBL Aussies who don't play state cricket XI
1 Shane Watson
2 Aidan Blizzard
3 David Hussey
4 Brad Hodge
5 Brad Haddin
6 Jono Botha
7 Trent Lawford
8 Chris Green
9 Mitch Johnson
10 Ben Laughlin
11 Brad Hogg

Nick Buchanan and Jono Dean too.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow I love Danny Green, a sportsman who really makes you think. I wonder which team he supports.

TheJediBrah

Tim Paine doesn't count, he plays in the OD matches.

BBL Aussies who don't play state cricket XI
1 Shane Watson
2 Aidan Blizzard
3 David Hussey
4 Brad Haddin
5 Jono Botha
6 Trent Lawford
7 Chris Green
8 Nick Buchanan
9 Mitch Johnson
10 Ben Laughlin
11 Brad Hogg

Jono Dean is another.
Blizzard's a good one. The rest aren't really what I'm thinking about, they either play in a few competitions around the world or are just not quite good enough to have been making the State sides, but are still trying to (if that makes sense).

For some reason I didn't realise Paine played in the Matador

And surely Hodgey makes your XI Nufan!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chris Green plays for NSW in Futures too, and had a crack playing County Seconds last season as well. Seems to be genuinely interested in cracking FC cricket rather than just playing Grade to keep fit for the BBL.