• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Blocky

Banned
You'd have to consider it poor should either one of these guys get themselves out before chasing this down - Bangladesh don't have any threat outside Mortaza and Fizz and they're both tired now, Shakib-Al has really regressed.

Blocky

Banned
I'd be tempted to give Broom a chance at #5 in the test team and a longer run at #5 in the ODI team, he's seemingly corrected the flaws he had in his last run in cricket, solid defense, doesn't over-hit the ball, has a good temperament, still a livewire in the field.

Two absolute minnows going at it in this series. Bangladesh well you expect it but the fact that they get to spend a significant part of the southern summer in NZ just shows where the latter sit in the who cares department of world cricket. It's actually disturbing that there are nearly 1,000 posts on the tour to be honest. :huh:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I've been down on Kane Williamson's batting since he took over the captaincy full time, so I'm very happy to say how much I'm enjoying him playing so beautifully today :D

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's good, but he's not ATG standard like a lot of Bangladeshi's hype him up to be.

Massive difference in class between Fizz, Amir, Rabada, Hazlewood and Starc.

Starc and Rabada (ATG standard) >> Amir and Hazlewood (borderline ATG's) >>> Fizz and Boult. (Bangladeshi and NZ greats)
I don't understand any of this TBH. actual almost gobbledy-gook, on form showed so far, Fizzy is so ahead of the rest it's untrue, the only question is will is body be able to allow him to carry on playing like this, because so many phenom bowlers are that way because they're just straining their bodies too much. You put Starc in an all-time great position when he's five years older and just a good record nothing more, Hazlewood similar-ish.

Don't get me wrong, you could be right but Fizzy IS bowling at an ATG standard at the moment, IMHO, there's nothing wrong with what he's doing, it's leg-cutters delivered at pace, it's all about if he can keep it up.

vandem

International 12th Man
Two absolute minnows going at it in this series. Bangladesh well you expect it but the fact that they get to spend a significant part of the southern summer in NZ just shows where the latter sit in the who cares department of world cricket. It's actually disturbing that there are nearly 1,000 posts on the tour to be honest. :huh:
Think you posted in the wrong thread mate. NZ currently ranked #4 and #1 in white ball cricket.

Agree that Bangers are minnows, especially when playing away. But on their day they can play well, they knocked England out of the last World Cup and I think they did OK against England at home recently ...

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Also a pleasure to see a guy like Neil Broom given a chance based on form, and then making the most of that chance. A most un-NZ Cricket sort of situation.

Blocky

Banned
Williamson doing that "I'm in my sixties, batting too fluently, time to bat like a complete spud and make things look much harder than they are" period.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Both still thrashed England in their last test match vs the Poms. I believe the World Cup games didn't go in England's favour either.