• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think there is an element of just how good SA looked against NZ at home and then Aust away.

Anyone as someone who's always quick to critique others for on their opinion, are you prepared to say who you think is no.2 if not SA?
You know, it's getting tiresome when every single post you make has some kind of snide remark. It frankly makes you look like a complete dick.

My number 2 team is Pakistan. Have generally been good at home, did wonderfully in England. Only real black mark so far are those two poor tests in NZ.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If Australia wanted to press a home field advantage against India, we'd make them play at the Gabba, WACA and Hobart in that order. Instead we dish up our flattest decks in Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne.

If you can't see how that benefits India you've frankly got rocks in your head. Similarly, giving Perth and Hobart to South Africa helps their game because it turns Philander into a beast.

The fact is that India finds Australia as hard as Australia finds India.
Yrs but its because Australia wants to improve their chances of winning by taking Indian bowlers out of the game. The faster pitches will give us a sniff of winning and they don't risk it. Hope we get to see them play each other at Perth soon.

indiaholic

International Captain
I don't think that is entirely true. A pitch with lateral movement increases our odds but I don't think pace does.

Zinzan

You know, it's getting tiresome when every single post you make has some kind of snide remark. It frankly makes you look like a complete dick.

My number 2 team is Pakistan. Have generally been good at home, did wonderfully in England. Only real black mark so far are those two poor tests in NZ.
How was it snide any anyway whatsoever? I couldn't have been more straight up, than saying it's all well & good to critique others, but it's useful to actually state your alternative. When you don't you look like a dick for sitting on the fence & there's nothing more tiresome than people who disagree but don't state their own position.

TheJediBrah

Have to disagree, India are clearly out on their own at this moment. If Australia could've beaten SA at home or England could have beaten Pakistan or NZ when they last toured, there could have been a case for those sides to be in the argument, but since they couldn't dominate at home like India have, coupled with the fact NO sides are currently great travelers, it's a fairly clear case for me.

Rankings 2-5 are more interesting and warrant genuine debate though.
Not even close. India have been ordinary at best (and that's being generous) anywhere outside Asia (barring minnow opposition) for a long time. Asia is only a small part of the world (even though 4/10 top teams are Asian) and performances outside Asia are more important than exclusively performing there

Yrs but its because Australia wants to improve their chances of winning by taking Indian bowlers out of the game. The faster pitches will give us a sniff of winning and they don't risk it. Hope we get to see them play each other at Perth soon.
oh god not you too

this is just so stupid

Last edited:

Zinzan

And the West Indies, so effectively their last 2 series and soon to be 3 series in a row assuming Australia belt them in the 2 remaining Tests which I expect they'll do.

Perhaps you might review at that point.

TheJediBrah

Why? As important? Sure. More important? Ridiculous.
Because Asia is one small part of the world, even the cricket world

It gets far too much weighting IMO because so much cricket tends to be played there. If you had a team that exclusively played well in Africa but **** everywhere else you wouldn't rate them at all

Shri

Mr. Glass

It gets far too much weighting IMO because so much cricket tends to be played there. If you had a team that exclusively played well in Africa but **** everywhere else you wouldn't rate them at all
Depends on how many types of pitches the imaginary continent has. If it has dustbowls, roads, slow and normal tracks, thats a lot of different conditions and would be fair to rate thrm well.

Zinzan

I think the other factor in play here is just how dominate India have been at home. I mean even NZ managed a draw in Perth last year and gave Aust a decent run in the day night test, and if you believe McCullum from his book had the test stolen by that Lyon decision based on when NZ had to bat (ok I admit that's probably taking it too far :p). The point is India has become a true fortress & I can't see any side going there & not getting demolished atm, I couldn't say the same about any other side.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think the other factor in play here is just how dominate India have been at home. I mean even NZ managed a draw in Perth last year and gave Aust a decent run in the day night test, and if you believe McCullum from his book had the test stolen by that Lyon decision based on when NZ had to bat (ok I admit that's probably taking it too far :p). The point is India has become a true fortress & I can't see any side going there & not getting demolished atm, I couldn't say the same about any other side.
Dominant*

It's a peeve.

cnerd123

likes this

To be fair, Africa just encompasses Zimbabwe and SA, while Asia includes India, UAE, SL and BD. And then the pitches in WI are very similar to these as well. So it's a large chunk of cricket.

And if a region of the word has a lot of cricket being played in it, I would definitely value being able to succeed there higher.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

WTF??

10 test teams, broken up by continent..........

Asia - 4
Europe - 1
Australasia/Oceania - 2
Africa - 2
America - 1

Yeah, Asia is a small part of the cricketing world :laugh:

Only thing you got right is that Australia exclusively plays well in Africa..............and yeah I don't rate them.

TheJediBrah

To be fair, Africa just encompasses Zimbabwe and SA, while Asia includes India, UAE, SL and BD. And then the pitches in WI are very similar to these as well. So it's a large chunk of cricket.

And if a region of the word has a lot of cricket being played in it, I would definitely value being able to succeed there higher.
You're not wrong, it's a highly subjective concept.

Just my opinion on the matter

WTF??

10 test teams, broken up by continent..........

Asia - 4
Europe - 1
Australasia/Oceania - 2
Africa - 2
America - 1

Yeah, Asia is a small part of the cricketing world :laugh:

Only thing you got right is that Australia exclusively plays well in Africa..............and yeah I don't rate them.
really not that complicated to understand, but if anyone was going to struggle it'd be you!

The pure number of teams playing in each continent is but one weighting factor, if that's the be-all and end-all for you then all power to you

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
really not that complicated to understand, but if anyone was going to struggle it'd be you!

The pure number of teams playing in each continent is but one weighting factor, if that's the be-all and end-all for you then all power to you
No mate, you're not getting away with it that easy.

So I'm a dumbass.....humour me, how do you explain how Asia is a small part of the cricketing world?

Zinzan

You're not wrong, it's a highly subjective concept.

Just my opinion on the matter

You need to temper some of that condescension when anyone disagrees with you bro, because it can make you look a little more foolish when one of your arguments blows up in your face. Unless you were specifically meaning there's Asia and the rest of the world which perhaps you should have made clearer, then Adders' response to you reads as perfectly reasonable.

Burgey

I presume TJB means small as in historically and currently unimportant, and not given to leaving any lasting impression on the game.

It's pretty hard to argue against that point tbh.

Shri

Mr. Glass
No mate, you're not getting away with it that easy.

So I'm a dumbass.....humour me, how do you explain how Asia is a small part of the cricketing world?
I don't understand why you people take a guy who took a protractor to his tv screen to decide if a bowler chucks seriously.