• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that's probably about fair. I give Smith the edge because he gets more tons.
Yep

Smith is averaging 8 runs more per innings than the competition so must be given credit for that

Personally prefer watching KW and Root bat but points arent awarded for aesthetics

listento_me

U19 Captain
I havent had a chance to watch the days play but reading the match report, sounds like there was stoic batting from the Aussies and decent bowling from Pakistan, albeit with dropped catches and a missed appeal (how'd that happen? lol).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd agree re: Root if he dropped his supremely irritating penchant for making pretty 40-70 scores then throwing it away. Really don't know why he still hasn't ironed that out, but as it stands it does mean you always feel a little more in the game with him relative to Smith and KW.
Said in the England India thread (I think) that Root's average would be frightening if he could actually convert at a decent rate. The amount of times recently he's just breezed to a 40-70 score then got out to a really dumb shot/innocuous delivery is annoying as ****.

Thought he'd maybe turned a corner when he said he'd be focusing more on the mental side of things then immediately backed it up with 250 against Pakistan but he's done little since then.

social

Heading up to the game today with the youngster and sprung for 2 tickets almost behind the bowlers arm @ just over $100 each with no junior discounts

Bargain when you consider the alternative was sitting through a 3 hour dance recital for my 6 yo

As my dear wife said: "Kill me now"

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Aussies should stop being sensitive fanboys. Beginning to look like Sachin and the Indians.
To be fair, it was only really TheJedibrah who freaked and interpreted comments about Smith having some luck yesterday as some sort of personal attack on him. It's actually really bizarre if you read back through the dialogue again.

Did anyone at any stage say that he wasn't lucky? This is like the 4th or 5th time you or Zinzan has said this and it literally has no basis. I don't get why you keep insisting it as though someone is arguing against you.
Lol, still? Let it go man, the only reason I mentioned it more than once is you kept freaking out about it, so I had to keep putting it into context for you.

Had you not freaked out, I wouldn't have mentioned it more than once. Batsmen often get lucky days, & Smith was good enough to take advantage of some yesterday, and it was a fine knock.

Seriously Shri is right, you've taking this sensitive fanboy paranoia thing to a new level recently. Honestly don't know if you're trolling or serious, it's really weird.

Anyway, jeez this could be a tough day for Pakistan if they don't knock over at least 4 wickets in the first session, If Australia can get to 450+ and get close to a session at Pakistan this evening for their first bat under lights, she could get ugly.

Gnske

If only Amir's """"""""""injury""""""""""""" yesterday was as genuine as his devotion to money.

stephen

It's a little cloudier today and perhaps a shade warmer here in paradise. Not overly hot or humid yet.

Can never really predict a late afternoon storm as they tend to blow in from the West but it doesn't feel stormy. Might get baking hot though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a little cloudier today and perhaps a shade warmer here in paradise. Not overly hot or humid yet.

Can never really predict a late afternoon storm as they tend to blow in from the West but it doesn't feel stormy. Might get baking hot though.
You in Balmain mate?

listento_me

U19 Captain
Good to know Aus v Pak has drawn the largest non Ashes crowd at the venue. I assume it's a combination of the day/night and the fact that Pakistan have become an interesting team to watch...by interesting I mean competitive. Although I feel crowds might start dwindling if Pakistan can't mount a come back.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
To be fair, it was only really TheJedibrah who freaked and interpreted comments about Smith having some luck yesterday as some sort of personal attack on him. It's actually really bizarre if you read back through the dialogue again.
That is not actually what happened, though? What actually happened is that TJB got pissed 'cause of Blocky implying that the whole side gets constantly lucky, which tbh is a pretty fair reaction considering the inference. Then you came in blathering like an idiot and misinterpreting everything.

Starfighter

Our session but the lower order is a little fragile for my mind and I think anything less that 350 would be too little on this pitch. 400 would be nice but unless we go through the last session without losing a wicket, which is unlikely, I don't see it.
On the other hand now we have to have an Australian style collapse to not reach 400 or more.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
In 2013, Courier Mail called Broad - Stuart Fraud for nicking and not walking. Glad they are setting an example for unbiased journalism by calling him Steve Cheat for doing the same.