• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
unbelievable that south african television producers hadn't already invented having a pool at the ground
Should be mandatory given the quality of their crowds. Their cameramen have a good collective eye as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd that list of Aussie tons in the last three years is an indictment. Finch third with six and he doesn't even play tests. ****ing embarrassing.

Blocky

Banned
Has Blocky ever credited any player he doesn't like/rate (covers pretty much every international cricketer currently playing TBH) for proving him wrong?
Smith hasn't proven me wrong, look at his results against South Africa against a high powered pace attack. I mean seriously, have you ever sat back and thought "Australia just came off five test losses in a row before winning a dead rubber" ?

Nah this innings doesn't count.

- Smith was a bit lucky
- Runs scored on Australian pitches are too easy and don't count, unless you're the touring side
"A bit lucky"

This is the country that Adam Voges was Bradmanesque within, and near every single debutant magically finds a way of scoring runs immediately on debut here, yet goes overseas and suddenly looks as if they're a candidate for the NZ Top Order.

This just ends in people getting sensitive at obvious observations because they put players on pedestals and feel personally slighted when you point out their flaws.

Blocky

Banned
Fourth stump, good length, bit of moevement away. Same thing which has worked against everyone for 150 odd years.
I disagree; because he's so good at getting across to it and hitting it onto of its head.

South Africa worked him out by giving him nothing in the usual "good length" area - it was either fuller or shorter.

Amir has been all over him here too.

Spark

Global Moderator
And here I was thinking that Smith was fine against SA.

God, imagine being this sour at a cricketer playing well.

Spark

Global Moderator
0 centuries in a series that Australia didn't even look competitive in until the dead rubber.
Fascinating analysis. I look forward to your next nuanced take such as "if you look out at the landscape, the earth looks flat"

Gob

International Coach
Blocky reminds me a fair bit of Brick from Anchorman. Very similar personalities