• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Batting well in the first innings of a day night match puts you at a huge advantage of being able to put the opposition in against the new ball in the toughest conditions during the match.
Yes, I'd buy that theory if Australia were bowled out for 180 in 2 sessions & had Pakistan 80-7 at stumps, but here both sides will need to deal with this period by the looks.

Blocky

Banned
Yes, I'd buy that theory if Australia were bowled out for 180 in 2 sessions & had Pakistan 80-7 at stumps, but here both sides will need to deal with this period by the looks.
Well you've also got the other two factors.

1. The pitches in Australia are the easiest to bat on, especially if you're used to batting on them
2. This pink ball has stopped doing what the pink ball from last season did, in terms of movement, etc.

Ultimately the template to winning Day Night Cricket is batting into the second session on the second day and putting the opposition in just as the lights are starting to take over from natural light.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Batting well in the first innings of a day night match puts you at a huge advantage of being able to put the opposition in against the new ball in the toughest conditions during the match.
is this a joke? if it's such a big advantage why is smith still batting? and after faf declared in adelaide they went on to lose that test

Burgey

I wonder if he knew he hit it. No look around, such a faint edge.

Meanwhile, handscombe plays so late. Really rate that part of his game

Blocky

Banned
is this a joke? if it's such a big advantage why is smith still batting? and after faf declared in adelaide they went on to lose that test
Faf declared because he was down to himself and the #11 and felt he would get more advantage from taking the risk and doing what Australia didn't want him to do.

If he had been 250-5 in that moment, he'd have batted through.

#notrocketscience.

Also, read what I said above.

Being able to put the opposition in, during the second session of Day 2.

TheJediBrah

best not to feed it

I wonder if he knew he hit it. No look around, such a faint edge.

Meanwhile, handscombe plays so late. Really rate that part of his game
He definitely didn't IMO. There was nothing at all on snicko and his reaction showed nothing. Before hotspot no one would have ever have thought he'd hit it. Pretty interesting really.

Zinzan

Wasn't just talking about Smith today m8
Holy **** man, he's batted most of the day for Australia & is their batsman who got dropped & edged one nobody heard, so Australia's luckiest moments in the day. This is some seriously weird paranoia going on.

Spikey

unbelievable that south african television producers hadn't already invented having a pool at the ground

vcs

Has Blocky ever credited any player he doesn't like/rate (covers pretty much every international cricketer currently playing TBH) for proving him wrong?