• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not even a little bit? Thats strange. I love it when the ones that I dislike cop one. Yes, I am a dick.
I kind of don't mind it if they cop some chin music or sort of wring their hand after getting one, but genuinely hate seeing players injured. I want to see the best blokes play. I kind of feel relieved if a bloke gets ruled out who's dangerous, but seeing someone get injured on the field is ****ed. Tix too expensive to have anything but best XI vs best XI.

Lowest point in recent Australian fandom was the Gabba crowd laughing and telling Simon Jones to get up because he was too soft after he'd done his knee in 02/03. Was ****ed.

vcs

Yeah, it's just really bad luck for Pakistan. Feels similar to when Zaheer pulled up lame after one session on day 1 in England 2011. Could mean a one-sided series.

Blocky

Banned
Why teams persist in good length to Smith is beyond me, when he walks across his stumps every single time to attempt to knock you onto the leg side, don't make it easy for him - pitch a yard fuller, target the stumps, set an in-out field with emphasis on the straight/offside and just plug away until he gets bored and gets himself out.

OverratedSanity

The douchebag in me wants to scream "karma" when this happens but I can't. It's really really ****** seeing sportsmen he get injured on the field... Deflates the atmosphere and takes much of the enjoyment out of proceedings. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

And then gets a few dozen catches dropped off him on comeback and quits cricket.

vcs

Another 100 coming up for Smith, and many more for the taking as Pakistan's bowlers tire.

Run machine.

Zinzan

Haha, & Amir suddenly appears, great news.

And...that shot from Smith. Great 30 seconds there.

TheJediBrah

Yeah I guess it really wasn't that serious. Guy's warming up now.

Probably just faked a sickie because he didn't want to have to bowl before the new ball. Micro-Philandering.

Burgey

Well he's back on the field. The cynic in me says maybe he hammed it up a bit to hide the awful misfield.

But glad he's back out there anyways.

TPC reallybatting well here. Most innocuous I've seen the ball look in a night session since Australia once again pioneered another great initiative in world cricket.

TheJediBrah

Why teams persist in good length to Smith is beyond me, when he walks across his stumps every single time to attempt to knock you onto the leg side, don't make it easy for him - pitch a yard fuller, target the stumps, set an in-out field with emphasis on the straight/offside and just plug away until he gets bored and gets himself out.
Target the stumps, but set an offside field? Your realise if you target the stumps he's pretty much just going to hit it to fine leg, maybe backward square. Would have to be a foot and a half outside off for him to be hitting it to the "straight/offside"

Daemon

Ah I see Handscomb has breezed to a 100+ average here

Current test rankings:

Voges (longevity)
Handscomb
Yadav
Renshaw

Spikey

Well he's back on the field. The cynic in me says maybe he hammed it up a bit to hide the awful misfield.

But glad he's back out there anyways.

TPC reallybatting well here. Most innocuous I've seen the ball look in a night session since Australia once again pioneered another great initiative in world cricket.
tricky with knees. i've seen afl players roll around and look like they've been shot, and then get back out there, and meanwhile the nastiest knee injury (the ACL, a clean rupture of it, tbf) is usually accompanied with nothing more than clutching the knee. people often get up and jog off after they've done one, lenny hayes finished a game with one, and then they're out for 12 months

Blocky

Banned
Target the stumps, but set an offside field? Your realise if you target the stumps he's pretty much just going to hit it to fine leg, maybe backward square. Would have to be a foot and a half outside off for him to be hitting it to the "straight/offside"
Pitch full; target the stumps from the left arm over the wicket angle that they have two bowlers with and soak up his runs throguh the covers and straight.