• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

listento_me

U19 Captain
rain forecast for the weekend according to cricinfo so this should be interesting. A draw? Or do Australia only need 2 days to win?

On a side note, how did Pakistan let THAT test slip last time they were in Oz?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
rain forecast for the weekend according to cricinfo so this should be interesting. A draw? Or do Australia only need 2 days to win?

On a side note, how did Pakistan let THAT test slip last time they were in Oz?
Do you mean the one in Sydney?

They probably took the gas deliberately, frankly. Thing I remember most about that match was Haddin's leg side catch in the second dig. FMD that was a great, great 'keeper's catch.

Crickettragic18

Cricket Spectator
I live in Brisbane. i don't think weather is going to play a major part in this test. It doesn't feel stormy at all at present, not a lot of humidity around. Any rain will come in short, sharp showers, no long drizzly days. Not a cloud in sight at present, balmy sub tropical day in what the locals call Qld "Gods own Country" 3 1/2 hours before play starts, wish i could be there (may go on W/E).

Compton

International Debutant
It's a pink ball test; Australia have Starc and a batting lineup that makes Blocky's arguments look structurally sound.

You could tell me it'd rain for 5 days straight and I wouldn't bet on the draw.

Zinzan

Aye? Beautiful forecast for today & and 10 & 20% chance of rain respectively for days 2 & 3, with only day 4 Sunday predicted at 80%. Australia should have plenty enough time.

Daemon

Apparently Yasir Shah and Riaz had a little fight during training. Hopefully it wasn't anything like Akhtar smacking Asif with a bat.

Zinzan

Why did I book tickets for day 4

Just end my life.
Lol, but even 80% chance of rain, doesn't follow that it will rain all day over the gabba. Just highly likely that rain will fall at some stage in Brisbane that day doesn't it?

That said, Brisbane is probably very different than Auckland in that respect, our rain comes and goes quickly generally speaking.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Storms are a problem in Brisbane, no doubt but the later spot in the calendar means we're less likely to get hit with them.

It's been ridiculously lovely weather the last few days as well. Tops just under 30, cloudless skies and gentle breezes.

Last week we had a thunderstorm more violent than any in recent memory though so there is that.

Funny anecdote, I went to Boston a couple of years back for the 4th July. They had a cyclone move in off the coast. The tv news presenters were talking up the storm that had "hundreds of lightning strikes" add though it were the coming apocalypse. My wife and I had to laugh at the 20 minutes of rain and tiny bit of thunder we got. In Brisbane we call a storm of that magnitude a Thursday in November.

social

For a selector, Mark Waugh says some daft things

Last night on Inside Cricket he predicted that this test wouldnt last 3 days

Might be true but still

Gnske

Lol, but even 80% chance of rain, doesn't follow that it will rain all day over the gabba. Just highly likely that rain will fall at some stage in Brisbane that day doesn't it?

That said, Brisbane is probably very different than Auckland in that respect, our rain comes and goes quickly generally speaking.
I'd be positive, but I've booked tickets to the Gabba three times for internationals, and only once did I ever see play when the inbred crashed England's car.

My negativity will keep that rain away.

Apparently Yasir Shah and Riaz had a little fight during training. Hopefully it wasn't anything like Akhtar smacking Asif with a bat.
Hopefully like Sreesanth getting slapped

Burgey

Storms are a problem in Brisbane, no doubt but the later spot in the calendar means we're less likely to get hit with them.

It's been ridiculously lovely weather the last few days as well. Tops just under 30, cloudless skies and gentle breezes.

Last week we had a thunderstorm more violent than any in recent memory though so there is that.

Funny anecdote, I went to Boston a couple of years back for the 4th July. They had a cyclone move in off the coast. The tv news presenters were talking up the storm that had "hundreds of lightning strikes" add though it were the coming apocalypse. My wife and I had to laugh at the 20 minutes of rain and tiny bit of thunder we got. In Brisbane we call a storm of that magnitude a Thursday in November.
Are you still getting that awful ****ing humidity you get up there? Jesus ****ing Christ it's the worst.

QANTAS lounge at Brisbane airport is the busiest place in Australia of a weekday arvo because everyone gets back there asap after their meetings to try and scramble an early flight home. No one wants to stay longer than they have to.

I'd call it Australia's C*****i, but apparently mentioning India's Brisbane is verboten here these days.

Last edited:

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
This fact has not been mentioned...but could Pakistan having gone in with an all left arm pace attack be a deliberate ploy as four of our top six are lefties.

Burgey

This fact has not been mentioned...but could Pakistan having gone in with an all left arm pace attack be a deliberate ploy as four of our top six are lefties.
It might be a deliberate ploy because their best pace bowlers are all left armers.

Is that big tall streak of pelican **** playing or is he injured? Can't think of his name, the seven foot tall bloke. I had wanted to see him have a crack out here.