• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When you go for a 7th bowler, you are usually staring at a 600+ score by the opposition. At that point, is someone even a bowler? And England have 6 legit bowlers at the moment.:laugh:
Not really. He regularly had the odd over for Durham last season.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good days cricket, need to get as close to 400 as we can (preferably a few more) and see how quickly the pitch breaks up. Certainly more turn and bounce today than on any other pitch we have seen so far on day 1 of this series so getting a good score becomes even more important.

Scaly piscine

Obviously England having 6 bowlers already makes Jennings' bowling less useful, but I could definitely see him having the odd over every match when England go back to 5 bowlers. Apart from anything else you don't need a 6th bowler as he'll do that job (not that you really ever *need* a sixth bowler, but it's useful). Next series Hameed will come in. I guess you could argue about whether Rashid stays in Buttler's place once Moeen drops down.

Pothas

I am all for us having a batsman that does a bit of trundling anyway, has been part of most England sides that I can remember.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Crapinfo commentator being crappier than is usual in their live commentary day's play summary, even by their standards...

I get that they are in a good position and Stokes and Butler could really ram home the advantage, with Woakes, Rashid and Ball all capable of contributing a lot with the bat. But surely dominating and fantasticare too strong as words to describe what is basically been a middling day 1 score? :laugh:
Worst part of that summary is Stokes and Buttler "looking solid as ever". I had a nap with 15 minutes left in the day but up until then Stokes was looking anything but solid and was close to being out on numerous occasions. Jos didn't look too hot as well.

cnerd123

likes this
AshWIN > Stokes

20th wicket in the series for him, and 47th of this home season. Still 34 up for grabs this series. Could end with 35 overall for this series, which isn't bad at all.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha that's definitely out, you just have to look at it deviate so much after crossing the bat. If it didn't deveat so much it would have been a stone dead lbw

fredfertang

What are these commentators on about?

in all the years I played the game I was never once in any doubt about whether I'd hit the ball (always walked of course)