• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nah a bowler like Ansari would have been annoying to face on this surface, especially considering he puts a bit more of his body into his bowling. Again if you want Ball you just pick him instead of Woakes.
Woakes is pretty much a necessary part of this XI. Can keep it tight and give you control and can also bat.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Nah a bowler like Ansari would have been annoying to face on this surface, especially considering he puts a bit more of his body into his bowling. Again if you want Ball you just pick him instead of Woakes.
I reckon you're hedging your bets; if either of Woakes or Ball performs badly, then maybe Ansari would have been a better bet.
I can see why the selectors called it the way they did, but it's never going to be 100% scientific.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Do think Ansari and the way he bowled at Rajkot would have been extremely useful here. Not sure if Dawson does the same though, so fair enough if they reckon Ansari > Ball > Dawson in such conditions.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Woakes is pretty much a necessary part of this XI. Can keep it tight and give you control and can also bat.
Yes which is fine but once you get someone who can be 10x more a threat due to the pitch you get control almost by default as its that much harder to face him anyways.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon you're hedging your bets; if either of Woakes or Ball performs badly, then maybe Ansari would have been a better bet.
I can see why the selectors called it the way they did, but it's never going to be 100% scientific.
I wasn't trying to claim that they should have picked Ansari before this game, I'm just saying that I feel after seeing whats happening now that Ansari would have made more of a difference.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I have to say that looked a lot more out, not sure why that wasn't given live.
If it was given, it wouldn't have been overturned on the batsman's review. And it looked marginal since we could see two stumps clearly.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
If it was given, it wouldn't have been overturned on the batsman's review. And it looked marginal since we could see two stumps clearly.
I know that, I'm just saying the umpire should have given it out live as it looked more out than not out imo.

Anyways, bring Ashwin on for the last few overs.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I ****ing hate Jaddu becoming the Waahtson of India. **** off ****. His reviewing privileges should be revoked.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol jadeja first trying to get parthiv convinced then went alone to convince kohli
I don't think you can blame him it's a fraction of an inch from being out, Stokes pretty lucky the finger didn't go up in the first place.

Root will bowl well on this I reckon, not brilliantly, but be as good as our third option I reckon.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I blame Giant for today's leaked runs. Should have started to bowl to a defensive plan way back.

And cheers around the ground for Ash!!