• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Shri

Mr. Glass
I wouldn't start worrying yet. A sub 300 collapse is still very likely. If they get to 275+ without losing 5 wickets, things would start to look dangerous.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't start worrying yet. A sub 300 collapse is still very likely. If they get to 275+ without losing 5 wickets, things would start to look dangerous.
Agree, one good session with 4-5 wickets & she's a different game. Crucial toss to lose for India too.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not really a problem or a negative for me, except for cases like the Irish players who moved midway through their career (like Morgan etc.). Even then, I don't particularly begrudge them for doing it (heck, I might have done the same in that situation).

But there's nothing wrong in crediting the strong domestic systems and coaching setup that produced the talent in the first place.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
KP's was from Liverpool, Trott's old man was English, could probably go on, it will make no difference to what people say.
guys like strauss and prior are fine. brought up in england from a young age, learnt their game in england.

kp and trott though, we deserve some stick on those fellas. south african born, brought up and educated in terms of cricket.

there is a massive difference.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not really a problem or a negative for me, except for cases like the Irish players who moved midway through their career (like Morgan etc.). Even then, I don't particularly begrudge them for doing it (heck, I might have done the same in that situation).

But there's nothing wrong in crediting the strong domestic systems and coaching setup that produced the talent in the first place.
Yeah, I agree with this, I've never been comfortable with players changing countries after they've played for one.........but for blokes like Jennings, FMD give it a rest!!

Irritating as **** when a young man makes a century on debut and all everyone wants to talk about is where he was born.

Shri

Mr. Glass
yeah, i agree with this, i've never been comfortable with players changing countries after they've played for one.........but for blokes like jennings, fmd give it a rest!!

Irritating as **** when a young man makes a century on debut and all everyone wants to talk about is where he was born.
U N D E R 1 9 C A P T A I N

N

D

E

R

C

A

P

T

A

I

N

z

Last edited:

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I agree with this, I've never been comfortable with players changing countries after they've played for one.........but for blokes like Jennings, FMD give it a rest!!

He has had ties with Durham for a long time, he always had the opportunity to play in both countries and chose England... good on him.

Compton

International Debutant
I'll concede that it's certainly a possibility, but it's far from "very likely" that Jennings, Moeen, Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Rashid, Ball, and Anderson will fail to score another 100-odd runs between them...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
guys like strauss and prior are fine. brought up in england from a young age, learnt their game in england.

kp and trott though, we deserve some stick on those fellas. south african born, brought up and educated in terms of cricket.

there is a massive difference.
Sure, there is a clear difference.

But worth mentioning that in some other sports, such as football, Pietersen, Trott & Jennings were all eligible for England from birth.

Compton

International Debutant
I'm not saying that there's no reason to whinge about it, but it sure is boring as **** to read all the time.

The rules let them play for England, so they play for England.