• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Congrats Martin Guptill. You've had your highs and lows but this is a definite high and quite the achievement. 5000 runs at 42 takes some getting. Well done SIR!

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Again the discussion about why Guptill succeeds in ODIs but not tests. The answer is simple. He is a ODI opener but not a Test opener. If Guptill had been playing down the order he would have had success at Test level as well. I have no doubt about this.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That hairband though.
Serious question and one I want answered (not by you, being a Kiwi).

Did Zampa play in the Matador Cup and wear that stupid head band he doesn't require at all, or is it like Matt Hayden and his 'only cross myself on TV' sort of set up?

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Again the discussion about why Guptill succeeds in ODIs but not tests. The answer is simple. He is a ODI opener but not a Test opener. If Guptill had been playing down the order he would have had success at Test level as well. I have no doubt about this.
This is something they should try in tests. He's good value for his fielding too so he could always do an Astle against the old ball.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He would've had Nathan Astles career, which is nothing to sneeze at. Been saying it for 4-5 years

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Good stuff from the test discards. Neesham not bothering with things like strike rotation and foot movement, but playing a good hand thus far.