• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Well, it started off promising enough but looks like we lost the plot. Should have reviewed the Smith decision, it cost over 100 runs. I think this pitch is a difficult one to play on and I wouldn't be surprised if we got skittled for 180 - 200.

To stay in the game we need to see off the Starc and Cummins early threat and then accumulate through the middle without losing too many wickets. This will not be easy to do as Zampa is a fine bowler and he will squeeze us and no doubt pick up some wickets.

My hope is for one of the top order batsmen to survive to the 40 over mark in which case there is a possibility to accelerate via the power-plays with a final push in the end.

Howsie

International Captain
I'm trying not to be too harsh here but that was seriously pathetic from Ferguson. 150 plus for two overs and then he dropped of a cliff. Back to domestic cricket son, work on that fitness.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Does anyone know where Lockie Ferguson was born? Just watching the "Cricket Company" and they had an interview with him. He seems to have ever the slightest South African accent.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I'm trying not to be too harsh here but that was seriously pathetic from Ferguson. 150 plus for two overs and then he dropped of a cliff. Back to domestic cricket son, work on that fitness.
Agreed completely. Not only was his pace down but he can't swing the ball to save his life.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Probably 75-85 more than what NZ would be comfortable chasing. Hoping for a respectable batting display, Starc and co walking over NZ after that..not good from the series POV.

The Hutt Rec

This pair both looking very good so far, the problem is that they have to score such a large percentage of the runs. Wouldn't really want to leave more than 100 for the rest.

Moss

Love that shot of KW where he uppercuts it pver the infield, both feet off the ground. Played it to good effect off Cummins in the Auckland WC game IIRC

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Just stay in. If you're 200 after 40 with 2 set batsmen then anything happen. But realistically this is a bit of a lost cause. We let Oz off the hook with some poor bowling and dropped catches, not to mention a non-review.

Last edited: