• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame about Hameed but we will see him again next summer and for a long time I think. One of the few players in the England side to enhance their reputation on this trip.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Top tips from the Almighty:

1. Don't bat like idiots when the pitch is at its easiest for batting
2. Don't waste the new ball
3. Don't drop so many catches
4. Don't try and take on India with no-hopers like Batty in the side

And that's before we start on the squad that was selected for the tour in the first place.

Not that we're likely to beat India our here anyway, but we haven't helped our own cause, have we,
Well yes absolutely correct

My disdain for our selection policy was evident before we even started playing Sri Lanka.

Ballance/Compton/Vince christ on a bike. Then we move on the Bangladesh, poor Duckett picked when he can't play spin. The best county batsman and spinners sat at home.

This should have been our team/squad in Bangladesh

Cook
Hameed
Borthwick
Root
Ali
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Leach

Jennings
Buttler
Rayner
Ball
Finn
Gubbins
Bell

flibbertyjibber

borthwick?

pls no.
Seeing as Vince, Duckett, Lyth, Robson, Hales and many others have been given a chance I won't write off Borthwick unless he gets one. He may not be good enough but surely he isn't any worse than those listed though Duckett may prove a good player in time just he is useless against spin at present.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Athers said lets pick Billings cos he's right handed and stick duckett to open. I give the **** up

The media are shocking. They force this crap down our throats and the selectors go with it.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
borthwick?

pls no.
He should have been picked in the summer. We went for clowns like Ballance and Vince instead.

His form went off a cliff but I think that was down to Surrey.

Guys an excellent player of spin and scored runs for fun. But nah vince hit 120 runs in the UAE lets go for him despite the guy failing miserably in division one again.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know the selectors are obviously to blame for Root playing an awful shot in the first innings, Cook playing an awful shot in the first innings, Moeen playing an awful shot in the first innings and Stokes playing an awful shot in the first innings.

They have made some errors with Ansari and Batty for sure but seriously doubt them being on tour has made the slightest bit of difference, pretty much all of us were supportive of Duckett being picked, can't remember anyone saying he could no play spin.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
For the record Scott Borthwick is the top run scorer in division one since start of the season in 2013.

4505 runs but nah lets not pick him

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
borthwick?

pls no.
State why not btw? He's scored more runs than anyone else in division one in 4 seasons.

I ain't got the patience to check division 2 but 4505 is probably better than most have managed down there in that time. Despite the big gulf in class.

Groundking

International Debutant
Well yes absolutely correct

My disdain for our selection policy was evident before we even started playing Sri Lanka.

Ballance/Compton/Vince christ on a bike. Then we move on the Bangladesh, poor Duckett picked when he can't play spin. The best county batsman and spinners sat at home.

This should have been our team/squad in Bangladesh

Cook
Hameed
Borthwick
Root
Ali
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Leach

Jennings
Buttler
Rayner
Ball
Finn
Gubbins
Bell
Bell? Lol no.

borthwick?

pls no.
Lose a couple of games and we get the Borthwick thing again.
The dude's scored monstrous number of runs year on year, if you're not going to pick people on merit and give a dude who's doing well a chance what the **** is the point? And who would you pick instead of him.

Hameed is injured so let's just bite the bullet and fly in Borthwick at 3 and Hildreth at 4 please selectors, it's really not hard.

Burgey

Big win for India. Kudos to them. Sort of thought England would do a bit better after the first test but I can't see them clawing one back tbh.

Pothas

We have been through this Borthwick thing a million times but have always said I would not begrudge him selection but the way people talk about him on here makes him sound like Bradman 'monstrous' number of runs, has he ever averaged over 50 for a season? It would have been perfectly reasonable to pick him at the start of our summer but there are also undeniably players that have had better seasons than him.

Pothas

It will be one of those two, I know both have only one good season to their name but that is the situation we are in.