• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
Also, with all the **** in the game that has made it way easier for the batsmen, I think the pitched outside leg rule should be removed.

mackembhoy

International Regular
Didn't any of you read the announcement? 25% with respect to the centre of the stumps was the original proposal, and 50 % with respect to the outside was implemented. Pitching has not changed.
I saw England get a wicket when a sliver of the ball was pitching in line with the stumps on review.

So I'm at a loss as to why that wasn't out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Also, with all the **** in the game that has made it way easier for the batsmen, I think the pitched outside leg rule should be removed.
Well that would make your right arm bowler going around the wicket tactic a lot more common then.

Blocky

Banned
Well that would make your right arm bowler going around the wicket tactic a lot more common then.
It would force batsmen to play at that line a lot more too, the only point I can see that would make it negative is having a spinner darting it from wide at the legs repeatedly, but good batsmen can counter that.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would totally change cricket as we know it. Not for me. Imagine a leg-spinner chucking it outside a right-handers leg-stump into the footmarks.

Blocky

Banned
Would totally change cricket as we know it. Not for me. Imagine a leg-spinner chucking it outside a right-handers leg-stump into the footmarks.
Boundary ropes coming in, bats that are lighter than the previous era but three times the size with three times the hitting arc and pitch conditions that are embarassingly easier to bat on than most astroturf wickets haven't changed the game?

50 used to be something that designated you as an absolute great of the game... now it's bestowed on two to three players in teams outside of NZ and England.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that has something to do with the fact that there's a partially manual process in deciding when exactly the ball has first struck the pad, and that there's some sort of tiny margin of error involved in that process.
I have no problem with the predictive element and it being more accurate from scientific error at impact on pitch versus pad... but umpires call, even with an element of human interaction, is not based on science it is based on ICC decision to protect the umpire. Until they show the error margins determined from the tests it for me is arbitrary...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boundary ropes coming in, bats that are lighter than the previous era but three times the size with three times the hitting arc and pitch conditions that are embarassingly easier to bat on than most astroturf wickets haven't changed the game?

50 used to be something that designated you as an absolute great of the game... now it's bestowed on two to three players in teams outside of NZ and England.
Yet in all the years I've been watching Test cricket, there seems to be less draws and more results than ever before.