• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Again, there is no such thing as umpire's call on where it pitched, presumably because that's something you can tell with 100% confidence.
Umpires call has nothing to do with the confidence... arbitrary based on ICC ruling. You know exactly where it hit the pad as well.

mackembhoy

International Regular
Again, there is no such thing as umpire's call on where it pitched, presumably because that's something you can tell with 100% confidence.
Well I've seen it before. England got a wicket that was only just touching the line of leg stump when reviewed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's fascinating. If it really is true that batting under lights is going to be that much harder than the earlier parts of the day, it completely changes the dynamics and the flow of a test match as we know it. I love it.
I'd be curious to see what batting is like when the ball is 60 overs old. South Africa have had a brand new rock each time the lights have been on and Faf and Shamsi seemed to have no problems smashing it about under lights.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh are we playing with 50 percent rather than 25 percent in this series too.

So it's not just the BCCI that are ****wits.
Didn't any of you read the announcement? 25% with respect to the centre of the stumps was the original proposal, and 50 % with respect to the outside was implemented. Pitching has not changed.

mackembhoy

International Regular
Although England probably got a wicket like that with the 25 percent of the ball rules rather than this 50 percent crap.