• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They keep talking about how the new ball didn't move last night - it didn't really swing but I thought it was wobbling enough off the seam to be pretty bloody threatening.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was my thought last night, you really want to minimise the amount of time you're batting at night and make runs when the sun is shining, but South Africa are going to have to bat at least 120 overs I'd think to set this up for themselves.
It's fascinating. If it really is true that batting under lights is going to be that much harder than the earlier parts of the day, it completely changes the dynamics and the flow of a test match as we know it. I love it.

Spark

Global Moderator
They keep talking about how the new ball didn't move last night - it didn't really swing but I thought it was wobbling enough off the seam to be pretty bloody threatening.
Yeah was jagging all over the place. And it was, y'know, hard to see.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did they say that? Thats definitely wrong. It was very hard work last night and the aussie openers did superbly to survive.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think it's the lights, I think it's the new ball. It seems to do things regardless of the time of day. Arguably Khawaja and Renshaw seeing off the majority of the early overs is why we're ahead. We only lost 2 while they lost 4.