• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Spark

Global Moderator
The pink ball clashes horribly with the outfield. And the pitch. And the players.
Especially in this light. It looks like it's glowing.
I do feel sorry for them tbh, the light bouncing around and between the metal stands must be a serious nuisance

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really hindsight tbh, dropping Maharaj was always a strange call.
The explanation was that he was always meant to play this test as he was apparently more difficult to see his variations with the pink ball... so SA brain tank was trying to be clever. Hindsight the more conservative SA option of sticking with the incumbent who was playing well, and changing original plan was the better option. Happy to make the mistake having already won the series.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do feel sorry for them tbh, the light bouncing around and between the metal stands must be a serious nuisance
Was more talking aesthetically but yes that's a good point, although not sure playing with the pink ball would be any worse in that regard than the white.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few times Handscomb has used his feet to the spinner and turned a half-volley into a yorker

It looks good when it works, but it seems as though he's really just doing for lols and not really to the right deliveries

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has TC's comment that he'd have his hands ready fielding at 3rd slip to Renshaw been quoted yet? Great call.

Spark

Global Moderator
Such easy batting out there at the moment, it's so weird compared to how it behaved in the test last year.
I mean, it doesn't matter that much what the pitch/conditions are like if you elect to toss up nude pies for 10 overs

Blocky

Banned
I mean, it doesn't matter that much what the pitch/conditions are like if you elect to toss up nude pies for 10 overs
What else can they do? Exhaust Philander, Abbott and Rabada before the new ball? They're placing every hope in that the new ball will start to perform under the lights due to how easy batting is at the moment, it's ridiculously easy, this is probably the best batting conditions of the entire series to date.

Daemon

Shamsi is really fat isn't he. SA have had their fair share of tubbies in recent times. Philander, Kleinveldt and now Shamsi.

Daemon

What else can they do? Exhaust Philander, Abbott and Rabada before the new ball? They're placing every hope in that the new ball will start to perform under the lights due to how easy batting is at the moment, it's ridiculously easy, this is probably the best batting conditions of the entire series to date.
I think Spark's point wasn't that they should stop bowling spin, it's that they should, well, just bowl better. Duminy's crap atm.