• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very very good hundred. Only Australian batsman to come out of this series with his reputation enhanced.
Very true... at least 2 of his outs where from unplayable balls (if I remember correctly) the inswinger from Rabada and think he got a gem from Abbott as well.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very true... at least 2 of his outs where from unplayable balls (if I remember correctly) the inswinger from Rabada and think he got a gem from Abbott as well.
Yeah I don't think either of his low scores he could've done a lot about, especially the one at Perth.

StephenZA

Not impressed with Shamsi at all so far. Bad decision dropping Maharaj.
I think the thinking was good, Shamsi has just not been great though. At least we now know for sure who SA will pick as our spinner, particularly with Maharaj batting.

My biggest disappointment is Rabada, I worry that he is told to keep line and length to much atm. I want to see him bowl fast and aggressive. He is avg 140km/h speed and should be 145+

Starfighter

He's bowled too short, especially to Khawaja, and he's been very inaccurate with the googly. I reckon he telegraphs his googly and a batsman who watches the hand (not any of ours) should be able to pick it easily.

Spark

Global Moderator
He's bowled too short, especially to Khawaja, and he's been very inaccurate with the googly. I reckon he telegraphs his googly and a batsman who watches the hand (not any of ours) should be able to pick it easily.
Reminds me of any number of "mystery spinners" in recent years who have dominated ODIs but struggled in Tests because they can't reliably land their stock ball.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well he did nearly get the wicket of Smith if Amla held on. He's caused a few problems here and there but not been consistent. Doesn't look out of his depth or anything though, it's just the accuracy.

Starfighter

My biggest disappointment is Rabada, I worry that he is told to keep line and length to much atm. I want to see him bowl fast and aggressive. He is avg 140km/h speed and should be 145+
Except for isolated deliveries his been about that pace all series, although he bowled very well at Perth and second innings at Hobart.
I reckon it's his action rather than being told where to bowl. He relies on his shoulder a lot and doesn't use his front arm as much. So if he goes a little off rhythm he'll struggle for pace.

Starfighter

Reminds me of any number of "mystery spinners" in recent years who have dominated ODIs but struggled in Tests because they can't reliably land their stock ball.
He's landed the chinaman pretty well. He just hasn't gotten the ball up far enough.

Blocky

Banned
Batting looks even easier with these two at the crease than it did with the Myth.

Well he did nearly get the wicket of Smith if Amla held on. He's caused a few problems here and there but not been consistent. Doesn't look out of his depth or anything though, it's just the accuracy.
That was Duminy bowling when Amla dropped.