• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

SeamUp

International Coach
As we keep saying.... Cook, Faf and Duminy are all under pressure. deVillers to come back in, with Rillee and Theunis on the bench in really good form.
Definitely. I would be willing to throw 1 day cricket away if it allows us 6 white players in test team.

But how ironic would it be if these two stepped up now. Our only two who haven't passed 50 this series.

Blocky

Banned
Swing seems to have gone away the last couple of overs, if these two can get through to lunch I'd say honors even despite the good start for Aus.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Nope, he's been doing this for a while now. Bowls some great wicket taking deliveries, but hasn't found his length for a good bit. Sayers over Bird should have been a no-brainer.
Sayers at home a good call. Bird at home would have also been a good call. But we got neither and Bird got dropped after a 5 for.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone reckon either side will get the ball to reverse in this match? Don't think there was much or any in the Pak/WI match.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely. I would be willing to throw 1 day cricket away if it allows us 6 white players in test team.

But how ironic would it be if these two stepped up now. Our only two who haven't passed 50 this series.
Technically neither has Amla, even though his 47 in Hobart was really important..... But this is effectively our issue, all the batsmen have shown something at some stage and we have 2 really good batsmen on the bench, we don`t actually know what our top 5/6 should be.

Blocky

Banned
Anyone reckon either side will get the ball to reverse in this match? Don't think there was much or any in the Pak/WI match.
I don't know if it will reverse; but I think it will do things in the evening session - so far all pink ball matches seem to have a lot for the bowlers in the final session.

SeamUp

International Coach
Technically neither has Amla, even though his 47 in Hobart was really important..... But this is effectively our issue, all the batsmen have shown something at some stage and we have 2 really good batsmen on the bench, we don`t actually know what our top 5/6 should be.
True.

This has Faf situation to step up all over it.

Blocky

Banned
That's mainly with the new ball though.
The NZ test, the ball in any state was doing weird tricks in the evening - although I think they took a lot more measures in the NZ vs Australian test around keeping the ball new than they're taking here so it'll be interesting.