• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was that the official justification? Or are they just giving him a go in a dead rubber? Could have used Maharaj's extra batting tbh.
They are stating it is difficult to pick the seam with the wrist spinner... they also may be trying to give him a chance. Maharaj batting must have come into consideration. Long term truth is, as much as I like Maharaj, a quality attacking wrist spinner helps any test team in the world.

SeamUp

International Coach
Was that the official justification? Or are they just giving him a go in a dead rubber? Could have used Maharaj's extra batting tbh.
General perception that wrist-spinners have been better with the pink ball (with its seam) under lights.

Supposedly been tough to face in the nets with it & got 4 wickets in the warm-up game.

Look, Keshav hasn't done anything wrong. I think this was the reason Shamsi was selected for the tour.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Catch ball then move feet. I'm not seeing this improvement. I want some of what Hohns was smoking.

SeamUp

International Coach
It is a no-ball but Cook is a walking wicket.

Disappointed Rossouw couldn't debut but AB is back for Sri Lanka.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ouch no-ball... Don't think Cook will last much longer against Starc even if he gets the reprieve.