• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
True. And it was pretty hard seeing us come back from early losses in 2012, 2006 and 1984/85, so who knows.
Cook needs to win a few tosses though.

As for Vince, he's probably better than Duckett, but by 'out here' I literally meant in India, where Vice hasn't played, of course.
Yeah fair enough. Can't think of any that come close it we're sticking to India away.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
These reverse-swinging spells from Shami when the spinners need a break, or aren't getting much help are absolute gold. Did it once or twice in the NZ series as well.

Remember, the old days when Prabhakar and Kapil used to do it. Kapil actually credited Prabhakar for teaching him reverse swing as well.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has this been as piss poor a capitulation as the scorecard suggests?
I don't think surviving 100 overs is that bad an effort tbh. If Root didn't get himself and Hameed out in the first innings they'd have come a lot closer to saving the match.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think surviving 100 overs is that bad an effort tbh. If Root didn't get himself and Hameed out in the first innings they'd have come a lot closer to saving the match.
Who knows what may have happened as it looked quite comfortable for both of them in that partnership at the time. As soon as the lefties came out the game changed.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I only meant this morning - I didn't expect the news to be good when I got up this morning but I had hoped for better than 8 down