• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

SeamUp

International Coach
Top notch from Joe Burns congratulating Renshaw for his call-up. The bloke is in-out-in-out and will probably go surfing tomorrow with no care in the world.

joeburns441Your my boy blue @mattrenshaw28 Watch out world!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mad dog can break the game open apparently. That's great when the team can't bat time anyway. Wade has worked on his keeping. Wow. Stfu Hohns. And I thought Marsh was the issue. They just don't know what a Test player is.

For either side, they mean?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holy **** Australia. This is an incredible selectorial meltdown.

Dropping Nevill stinks. Dropping Ferguson stinks.

Blain

U19 Captain
Man this is a huge meltdown! What happens if there is another thrashing?? Drop them all again? In a pink ball test, I guess anything can happen.

Mennie looked very average, surprised a right arm medium pacer can make the Australian test side. Seemed like an all rounder who can't bat. Not surprised to see him go.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
highly regarded for some time - even playing for Australia A in England in 2013 on the day Darren Lehmann was appointed
Mad dog with the #intent. Boof still in the house. Think Wade was the Boof factor also. Collapsing like a house of cards but hey still need intent right.

burr

State Vice-Captain
That Hohns press conference was bizarre. All this justifying decisions based on a 'revamp' as though selecting young players hadn't entered their heads until a crisis struck. 'We were asked to go with some players'. Who is we? And if you're not deciding who to 'go with' what is the point of your role? I find the whole thing staggering. I have no faith the selectors have any clue what they are doing.

And I see SOK is essentially as useful as our cadre of quicks that never get on the park. Wonderful.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holy **** Australia. This is an incredible selectorial meltdown.

Dropping Nevill stinks. Dropping Ferguson stinks.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic about Nevill or not. Even Zimbabwe would struggle justifying the continued selection of a wicket keeper who averaged just 22 after 17 tests.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Huh? I thought Lyon was a god to Australian fans these days...
I can't speak for the rest of them, but for me Lyon is a favourite 'struggler'. I can only think his being dropped never to return will only enhance his cult status love. With his bulbous forehead he would have been a handful on the dusty pitches of Mars, but this is Earth.

social

Long admired Maddo's ability and would've picked him in the test team after that OZ A tour to SA.

However, it is now 2016 and he has done nothing of note to justify his selection and there are any number of guys with at least as much claim on a spot as he has.

It's about as much as you can expect when you have Greg Chappell and Mark Waugh as selectors

Burgey

CSA needs to have a serious chat with their security guard. He's acting like a complete ****.

harsh.ag

Not sure if you're being sarcastic about Nevill or not. Even Zimbabwe would struggle justifying the continued selection of a wicket keeper who averaged just 22 after 17 tests.
He takes up lots of deliveries. They could really use that right now.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wouldn't it have been better to 'rest' the ones with confirmed spots for the next game and play a new XI and select the best ones from that game along with the four assured of their spots in the game moving forward?

TheJediBrah

Wouldn't it have been better to 'rest' the ones with confirmed spots for the next game and play a new XI and select the best ones from that game along with the four assured of their spots in the game moving forward?
lol you don't "rest" players for Test matches, especially batsmen. At least not in Australia.

They can rest when the reserve team plays the ODIs and T20Is

flibbertyjibber

Man this is a huge meltdown! What happens if there is another thrashing?? Drop them all again? In a pink ball test, I guess anything can happen.

Mennie looked very average, surprised a right arm medium pacer can make the Australian test side. Seemed like an all rounder who can't bat. Not surprised to see him go.
They even picked an Englishman to try and solve the batting woes.

More foreigners in Aussie side than England one now.

Daemon

Maybe Sam Robson chose the wrong side..could've potentially got a fair go in this lineup.