• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

mackembhoy

International Debutant
But Stokes was lbw. I don't get this. The ball hit the pad first, right?
He hit it first. Somehow Gaffaney agreed with Dharmasena.

Anyway it doesn't really matter as he was out. It's just something I've seen before.

A side shouldn't lose a review because an umpire who thought it was out for LBW or out for catch. Only in review you find out it's the complete opposite to the on-field decision.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Unlikely to fire together on turning tracks. I am worried about us getting through the top order quickly only for Cook or Root along with Bairstow to grind our spirits out.
Well Bairstow is at least not a **** like he was so there's that. Can't hate him if he keeps scoring gritty fifties. I think Ashwin vs Stokes will be interesting if Ashwin gets into his head somehow, like how he managed to annoy Maxwell once in an IPL tourney.
Well, it looks like we will be seeing more of this ****.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure whether to berate you for your lack of class or lol at the prospect of an Indian seamer bowling an aggressive bouncer
Bet you wrote bouncer at first before remembering Ishant at Lords and then adding the aggressive

mackembhoy

International Debutant
An umpire is supposed to check for all modes of dismissal once a referral is made. That's the rule.
Rules are made to be broken. I dunno why I'm labouring this point who really cares.

So many stupid rules in test cricket. We seem to love using them all in England for rain delays/bad light/making up overs.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
He hit it first. Somehow Gaffaney agreed with Dharmasena.

Anyway it doesn't really matter as he was out. It's just something I've seen before.

A side shouldn't lose a review because an umpire who thought it was out for LBW or out for catch. Only in review you find out it's the complete opposite to the on-field decision.
But wasn't the ball caught at silly point? Surely Stokes would only have reviewed if he thought he didn't hit the ball?

Burner

International Regular
The only way out of that for Stokes was if the ball wasn't going to go on and hit the stumps. Since it was, he was done either way.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Yeah, Durham agrees.:ph34r:
Durham were in debt mainly to the council. Counties in a far worse state than us but got sugar daddies in to help them out.

ECB just wanted to make an example of us. Despite it being far more damaging in the long run to red ball cricket in England.

Anyway at least visiting sides will have a better chance of winning series on 5 day roads at Lords and the Oval.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This was a bad toss to lose for England, though it wasn't keeping that low when we were bowling.
It looks like England need to win the toss if these matches are to be competitive, although obviously India would still be in with more than a shout even then.
But if Cook calls wrong, then we're pretty much toast.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Kirkut

International Regular
I'm pretty sure Ashwin will cherish this fifer the most among all his five wicket hauls. Doing well against England is like a final frontier for him.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man I love Umesh. He's easily been the unluckiest bowler all series and he bowls some trash because he's dumb as ****, but now and then produces a gem like the one to Bairstow. Glorious to watch.