• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

mackembhoy

International Regular
Virat's average is closing in on 50 now.Can he truly break away from the Amla, Vaughan group and join more prestigious Smith, Root, KW group?Only time will tell
Why are you lumping Amla with Vaughan. If South Africa played more he'd be up with your Pontings/Kallis and the like, the rest still got plenty to do to match him.

Then his ODI record is class the fastest to 2,3,4,5,6 thousand runs.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli's square driving is so good, but it's also what gets him trouble against outswing.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Is that a legit reason to get it changed though? Ishant should be able to do that at any time then?
haha no its not, I was just making a joke since they literally took the new ball last night 2 overs before close and now that there's no swing they know the new ball is gonna travel. I'm amazed at how often the balls go out of shape though, its happened a lot over the last year or two where they just change the ball after it doesn't pass through the hoop thing.

Daemon

The timing on that on drive was so ****ing good. He wasn't in a great position at first for the shot but he kept his head over the ball and didn't fall over. So good.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Some really good batting but this pitch is pretty flat for the most part. India are gonna have to bowl well.

OverratedSanity

It's never made sense to me. They should check the shape of the ball before they hand it to the bowler and if it goes out of shape after that, they should cop it. A big part of Sehwag, Gayle and Warner's game up front is to smash a few boundaries and hit the ball out of shape.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
England have been pretty ordinary in their ground fielding so far this test.

I'm also secretly enjoying how the ball is being hit a fair bit to Broad/Anderson/Stokes both yesterday and today, especially Broad :laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
England have been pretty ordinary in their ground fielding so far this test.

I'm also secretly enjoying how the ball is being hit a fair bit to Broad/Anderson/Stokes both yesterday and today, especially Broad :laugh:
Fast bowlers always fielding at deep fine leg or deep third man has never made sense to me. Shouldn't they be fielding inside the ring in positions where they don't have to run around too much? Would preserve their energy or stamina or whatever. They have the throwing arm but you don't have to count on that too much since its a test and not an ODI.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
:(

No double, oh well still really well played. Gotta get to 500 at least now, this pitch is still solid.

Daemon

Fast bowlers always fielding at deep fine leg or deep third man has never made sense to me. Shouldn't they be fielding inside the ring in positions where they don't have to run around too much? Would preserve their energy or stamina or whatever. They have the throwing arm but you don't have to count on that too much since its a test and not an ODI.
You need to be very switched on in the ring and quicks generally just want a breather both physically and mentally for a while. Not to mention most quicks aren't great fielders and you want your best in the ring. The good ones like Boult and Southee are always in the ring unless in the middle of a spell.

Shri

Mr. Glass
You need to be very switched on in the ring and quicks generally just want a breather both physically and mentally for a while. Not to mention most quicks aren't great fielders and you want your best in the ring. The good ones like Boult and Southee are always in the ring unless in the middle of a spell.
If the plan is to bowl outside off stump, a quickie could be asked to field at mid wicket where the ball isn't likely to go or something right? They are very likely to be **** fielders but you can also hide them within the ring depending on the bowling plan.