• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So ****ing happy for Abbott. One of my favourite bowlers today and the guy barely gets a game. Got his chance with Steyn out and how he responded. Hope he plays the entire summer series against Sri Lanka and continues to play until Steyn comes back and Philander breaks down

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Memos going out as we speak to the other test curators for highways for the 4 remaining tests of the summer.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem for Australia was not their bowling attack. They have done their job. They bowled out SA on Day 1 for 240. The batsmen didn't show up, not their fault.

They bowled well here and restricted South Africa to 326 when they had only 85 to use as scoreboard pressure.

If Pakistan's bowling attack is as good as Australia, they will do just fine. The difference will be in the batting. The question we need to as is which is the better batting line up

Sami
Azhar
Shafiq
Younis
Misbah
Babar/Nawaz
Sarfraz

or

Warner
SMarsh/Burns
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
Ferguson/M Marsh
Depends a lot on the pitches imo. One with pace and bounce but not necessarily a lot of movement off the deck is what Australia should be targetting. That's their best bet. On any other kind of pitch, I'd say Pak's lineup is clearly superior at the moment.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Memos going out as we speak to the other test curators for highways for the 4 remaining tests of the summer.
Would be cynical but predictable. The big problem with highways is that Pakistan will have a very good chance of outperforming us on them.

And they create boring as **** cricket.

Blocky

Banned
Smith surely needs to go at the end of this series as captain? I don't see how you can keep him when the team is performing this poorly.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Depends a lot on the pitches imo. One with pace and bounce but not necessarily a lot of movement off the deck is what Australia should be targetting. That's their best bet. On any other kind of pitch, I'd say Pak's lineup is clearly superior at the moment.
Agreed. Extra pace and bounce is what troubles this Pakistan side as they are pretty disciplined outside their off stump against the ball. The one game their batting fell apart in England was the second test with extra bounce.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Hats off to the curators of this test match. In this day of increased home advantage and pitches being prepared accordingly, to prepare a pitch like this after being 0-1, knowing your batting is **** against the moving ball shows a lot of courage and class. Thank you.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hats off to the curators of this test match. In this day of increased home advantage and pitches being prepared accordingly, to prepare a pitch like this after being 0-1, knowing your batting is **** against the moving ball shows a lot of courage and class. Thank you.
Actually, I don't think it takes much courage to prepare such a wicket during a cool November in Hobart.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's the bloke who's averaging nearly 60's fault that the rest of them don't know which end of the cue to hold. Sack him as skipper.

There's nothing wrong with the bowling. They've rolled SA for 240 odd day one Perth, and for 320 here after posting sfa themselves. I don't give a **** who's captain, you don't win tests defending **** totals. You don't get to be a tactical genius in the use of your spinners when he's bowling to a total of 80 odd. It doesn't happen.

Smith won't go as captain, and nor should he.

Blocky

Banned
Yeah, it's the bloke who's averaging nearly 60's fault that the rest of them don't know which end of the cue to hold. Sack him as skipper.

There's nothing wrong with the bowling. They've rolled SA for 240 odd day one Perth, and for 320 here after posting sfa themselves. I don't give a **** who's captain, you don't win tests defending **** totals. You don't get to be a tactical genius in the use of your spinners when he's bowling to a total of 80 odd. It doesn't happen.

Just because he's a brilliant bat doesn't make him a brilliant captain, and the signs are that the team doesn't perform under him.

Why isn't he calling his batsmen to account for these weak dismissals?

Spark

Global Moderator
Just because he's a brilliant bat doesn't make him a brilliant captain, and the signs are that the team doesn't perform under him.

Why isn't he calling his batsmen to account for these weak dismissals?
We've had massive collapses for almost a decade now under four different captains. Gonna put it out there that it's not the captains who are the problem.

I'm down for blaming Lehmann though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the bowling. It's not as fierce-some as South Africa's and not as skilled as England's but it's still a pretty good bowling attack. They can bowl out teams just fine. They just don't get enough runs to play with.

Lyon, while not great, had to bowl with nothing on the scoreboard. These are difficult circumstances to judge a spinner.