• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Honestly why would anyone choose to live in Hobart. Approaching summer and such weather.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So if we were to start looking for a different coach to Boof who do we think the candidates would be? Gillespie?
Obvious choice. He won a couple of titles and missed another by having half his team playing for England all summer. Great at bringing on young players and giving them confidence to express themselves.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Except Gillespie won't do it. Publicly, it's the old family man stuff but privately he doesn't want the job.

SeamUp

International Coach
Is the talk of Shane Warne for T20s ?

I suppose they could go Langer or Siddons if Gillespie doesn't want it.

In South Africa we also in the same situation. Lots of newbie coaches and you think to yourself how good are they actually & can they become any good.

SeamUp

International Coach
Aussie Press quotes :laugh:

"Cape Town, Birmingham, Nottingham, Galle, and now Hobart. Like falling cities in a losing war, the scenes of Australia's cricket disasters have come to our doorstep," said Malcolm Knox

"The geography of decline presents a case that cannot be denied. In Australia's case, the team failures have become frequent enough to suggest that the decline is irreversible."

Another Fairfax columnist Greg Baum said it was the fifth time in the past six years that Australia had been bowled out for fewer than 100.

"The rout was all too predictable. Some batsmen were helpless, some were hapless, one, the first (David Warner), was reckless," he said.

The Australian newspaper warned fretful Aussie cricket fans of the challenges an Ashes tour in England pose for their suspect batsmen.

"The next away Ashes hardly bears contemplating. Today (Saturday) at Bellerive was as close as you can get to English conditions," Andrew Faulkner said.

"Australia failed just as they did when confronted with the swinging ball last year."

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation illuminated the confusion inside the national cricket team, from selectors to coaches to the players.

"Right now, confusion reigns in Australian cricket. On Saturday it was just another innings falling apart, a sight now so familiar as to seem standard," the ABC said.

"Confusion is not a problem confined to just the field. Decisions are taken hastily, inconsistently. Flawed reasoning underpins them. A clear thought process is rarely evident."

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Smith's not to blame for the batting collapses. He was looking solid yesterday, just needed someone to go with him. He's also not to blame for the consistent, ridiculous injury toll of our top pace bowlers.

We used to have a group of batsmen who would play county cricket every season. I'm thinking guys like Hussey, Lehmann, Symonds and more recently Rogers. I've always thought that their wealth of county cricket experience helped those guys a lot once they eventually made it into the test side. How many of our young batsmen still do this? There is a group of young/ish batsmen - Khawaja, Burns, K Patterson, J Lehmann, Lynn - who are averaging 40+ and they need to keep being given opportunities to play in away/unusual conditions as often as possible.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I am a stat lover yes but was there any other team which had their top 4 pacers averaging under 26 like SA have now? It is really good.

SeamUp

International Coach
Over-dramatisation is the job. Writers gonna write.
Now if they wrote a measured response these would instead be good responses to our crisis
I guess we can say, at least they passionate and care. Deserves a laugh compared to Geoff Lawson deciding his article will be targeting Wessels and Graeme Smith :laugh:

I reckon Ian Chappell's views were spot on and a bit less dramatised.

I was just thinking the other day : The selectors are picking bowlers if they can bat (Mennie > Bird) but yet thought Moises Henriques is a number 5 test bat :laugh: BONKERS !

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah you don't get it mate. Burgey can go on his racially charged rants about the subcontinent because he is one of the gang. Splurging threads with **** memes and inside jokes is also quality posting as long as it comes from the correct posters.

The people who moan about the standard of posting are generally **** posters themselves. It is pure projection.
I did chuckle at 3 of CW's shittest ****s liking this post.