• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Burner

International Regular
I can't understand the logic in not wanting to declare. England have a better chance of bowling out India now than they would have had if they had added another meaningless 40 runs.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I predict England to take five wickets before tea, to get us all excited, and then those bastards Rahane and Ashwin will bat out the last session

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I can't understand the logic in not wanting to declare. England have a better chance of bowling out India now than they would have had if they had added another meaningless 40 runs.
The logic is pretty easy to understand. It's not wanting to unnecessarily create a chance of losing a test you've dominated for a minimal increase in win probability.

Burner

International Regular
I though Rashid looked verry threatening in the first innings. If he can do that again, England has a reasonable chance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol @ all the writing off of Ashwin. ITs just one test and this is the flattest wicket you can get in the country, apart from maybe Nagpur. Its good that England are doing well but everything went well for them here, remember. Won the toss, 5 dropped chances, Stokes had the h4xest of innings there for a 100 (and I am sure he is a much better batsman but that was just an innings written h4x all over it) and they had the better of the bowling conditions and still only managed a 50 run lead. I think their batsmen have good techniques to survive and frustrate the Indian spinners, esp. Ashwin on tracks that are slow, low and flat like this one, but if the ball is turning and at some speed like it did with RSA and NZ (and those were not bad wickets by any standards, except one test against RSA), the very factors that are going for them in handling the spinners will become negatives. THAT will be the real test, just like India had it after the first and second tests on flat tracks in England back in 2014.

ONe thing that has not changed is us gifting Cook a life when he is looking ****ing pathetic and then him reminding himself of how good he actually is and batting like it and making us pay. DAmn I both hate and love that guy's batting.