• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
It's the same thing we're going through in NZ.

You're seeing fielding standards drop, you're seeing application/grit of senior players drop, you're seeing the signs of infighting beginning to brew and you're not seeing any tactical on field moves that would make you believe that you're seeing a good captain out there, but you don't have any other options sitting in the shed.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Hobart turning on a real treat today. Boon cuts. Border bosses. Mark Waugh plays an amazing pull shot and Martyn looking awesome. McGrath, McDermott and Warne hunting Cullinan. Donald bowling menace and Wessels being the man. Sometimes rain is the best part of a test match.

91Jmay

International Coach
And I suppose you, in response to Australia's **** poor performance, saying an open sewer reminds you of India isn't inflammatory at all?
Nah you don't get it mate. Burgey can go on his racially charged rants about the subcontinent because he is one of the gang. Splurging threads with **** memes and inside jokes is also quality posting as long as it comes from the correct posters.

The people who moan about the standard of posting are generally **** posters themselves. It is pure projection.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
George Bailey's gonna be great in the media when he retires, can see ABC snapping him up
Speaking of commentators, whilst channel 9 still wear their cheer outfits, thank goodness they dumped that horrendous AFL guy. He was the worst of them.

Daemon

There's a bit of a difference between making jokes about an open sewer and attempting to make a "no troll" point that a countries quality of athletes is going down because of inter racial boning

vcs

Both should be unacceptable regardless of how many posts the member in question has.

The whole "Chennai is a sewer" thing is getting a bit old.

ajdude

International Coach
Speaking of commentators, whilst channel 9 still wear their cheer outfits, thank goodness they dumped that horrendous AFL guy. He was the worst of them.
yeah Brayshaw was no good. don't mind him commentating footy on MMM but there's talk he'll be on Fox Footy next year which I'm torn on

OverratedSanity

There's a bit of a difference between making jokes about an open sewer and attempting to make a "no troll" point that a countries quality of athletes is going down because of inter racial boning
I think both were pretty poor. I'm perfectly fine with the Chennai sewer meme unless it goes into the territory of how Chennai people smell etc. It just gets uncomfortable.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I don't know what was said but if the point was that increasing immigration to Australia is diluting the percentage of the population that is interested in cricket then it's a pretty accurate assessment tbh. If that was the intent of the post.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
I don't know what was said but if the point was that increasing immigration to Australia is diluting the percentage of the population that is interested in cricket then it's a pretty accurate assessment tbh. If that was the intent of the post.
That's pretty much what I meant. I was extremely perplexed that someone brought up interracial boning. That was not on my mind at all when I posted it. I was making a valid point about immigration changing people's interest in certain sports. I made a post about the tennis team yesterday. As tennis becomes less serve and volley, and more back of the court finesse, players of Anglo descent seem to be less intersted. I was also alluding to Australia becoming less blue collar and more white collar, and people being more overweight than in previous generations. All valid points for someone who has lived in Aus for 26 years.

But I suppose only some posters can 'tell it how they feel it is'.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think rain during proper summer is unusual either... Not like we have not seen a game affected by rain in Australia before.