• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
You know how when you have 10 teams in a comp, some of them have to be weaker than the others? It's Australia's turn. It happens. Considering we've pretty much been the dominant team forever, apart from a couple of radar blips along the way, I'd consider we've done ok overall, and we'll return strong soon enough.
What you say here encapsulates the entire point of his post.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I said earlier, when does the pressure start to mount and the finger get pointed at the coach? Hick will almost certainly get the blame and boot instead but Lehmann has been in charge of numerous poor Aussie batting sides now and yet he seems bullet proof.
As a former test player said during the week, "We have a batting coach, a bowling coach, a fielding coach, a high performance manager, a team manager ...... WTF does Lehmann do?"

burr

State Vice-Captain
As I said earlier, when does the pressure start to mount and the finger get pointed at the coach? Hick will almost certainly get the blame and boot instead but Lehmann has been in charge of numerous poor Aussie batting sides now and yet he seems bullet proof.
Yep, never been much of a Lehmann fan and it amazes me the heat is never on him given the continuous run of abject performances. Oh, but he's an Australian bogan. And Micky Arthur was South African. Fine then.

Having said that, I don't think anyone knows what the problem is. Ask 20 people and get 20 different answers. Players, management, coach? Everyone just seems lost with no idea of the path to take to move forward. Still, American presidents change every 8 years for a reason (I know, not good timing on that one). How can it be good for Cricket in Australia that James Sutherland is still in post.

social

Australian cricket is in rude health FINANCIALLY but changes in demography, lifestyles and the targeting of elite junior sportsmen by other sports is eroding the talent pool and that's not going to change

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How is it that Smith, who if one were to believe CW, is a massive flat-track bully, could score more than 50% of our runs without being unduly troubled?
This isn't really the general opinion here, outside people doing a little light trolling, is it? I mean his average of course benefits from Australian flat tracks but there's clearly a lot more to him than that; and the way he set himself up and played late against Philander's very accurate and consistent seam movement yesterday was very good.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'll all be pleased to know I'm back like a heart attack from Bali and will provide my usual insightful observations on the test match, and also the crucial Sutherland-Parra Weblin Shield match which has been moved to Harold Fraser Oval at Carrs Park.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Lol what is Aus' culture now? It has always been pretty much only sport, now they're carp at everything except in-house 'Australian rules' football. Did someone put something in y'all Anglos' water? Or are the fit convict genetics being diluted? (No troll)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol what is Aus' culture now? It has always been pretty much only sport, now they're carp at everything except in-house 'Australian rules' football. Did someone put something in y'all Anglos' water? Or are the fit convict genetics being diluted? (No troll)
Good God, what the ****?

This forum has gone to hell recently in terms of racially charged posting. Its genuinely horrible.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree 100% Jono. Since I've been here you may have one or two posters being a complete pest but at the moment there seems to be half a dozen or more really dire posters posting absolute filth. Time for some house cleaning IMO.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno wtf is going on here. Forum seems to be abiding by George Brandis standards of posting

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Dunno wtf is going on here. Forum seems to be abiding by George Brandis standards of posting
And I suppose you, in response to Australia's **** poor performance, saying an open sewer reminds you of India isn't inflammatory at all?

Gnske

And I suppose you, in response to Australia's **** poor performance, saying an open sewer reminds you of India isn't inflammatory at all?
Just Chennai

On another note, do we really need any more evidence that Victorians should be banned from posting?