• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We need to elect an anti-establishment outsider who's never played cricket before to lead the Australian team. James Packer?

#Make Australia (cricket team) Great Again

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We need to elect an anti-establishment outsider who's never played cricket before to lead the Australian team. James Packer?

#Make Australia (cricket team) Great Again
Since it's essentially the NSW XI, pick Andrew Johns again.

Starfighter

hang on, isn't sayers even more 'pedestrian' than mennie?
He's no faster, although I reckon Mennie was a bit slower than he was on the ODI series. Ask one of the other guys maybe.

Sayers is more accurate, better at pitching the ball up, bowls a great line from closer to the stumps and generally moves the ball, often in both directions. He'd be quite a handful in these conditions.

TheJediBrah

He's no faster, although I reckon Mennie was a bit slower than he was on the ODI series. Ask one of the other guys maybe.

Sayers is more accurate, better at pitching the ball up, bowls a great line from closer to the stumps and generally moves the ball, often in both directions. He'd be quite a handful in these conditions.
Mennie's always bowled quicker than Sayers

Not that that's saying much mind you

Top_Cat

Sayers can bat too.

Love our tall into the decks type in Oz, though. Even if the deck is begging for someone who throw it up there to swing.

Starfighter

Mennie isn't a tall, into the deck type though. But apparently he can bat, and that's what should count according Rod Marsh's addled brain.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I don't know about awful but he is an odd player for Aus to pick. Not the type of guy they usually go for
As pollock explained after the days play if you are going to bowl at mennie's pace you need to move the ball. He reckons mennie is cannon fodder at this level. I agree with what he said.

Starfighter

Which is ridiculous given the wicket. Like they only picked him because he was ahead of Bird at Perth rather than realising what the pitch offered up.
And he was supposedly only picked over Bird for Perth because of his superior batting. Which is the batsmen's job. Stupidity^2

Starfighter

In other news, from the looks of the weather forecasts it's highly likely that no play at all will be possible tomorrow.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
In other news, from the looks of the weather forecasts it's highly likely that no play at all will be possible tomorrow.
Forecast today wasn't too pretty as well so hopefully it stays away. Though the game is so advanced that even if tomorrow and Monday was washed out you still expect a result.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Everyone piling on TPC's captaincy needs to get off the vapour. You can't defend piss weak totals no matter who captains. Five gets you ten he'll end up a first rate skipper. Those suggesting Warner are kidding. First rate knob head.

Herath's captaincy in the Zim tests was widely accepted to be pretty good, I thought?