• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

91Jmay

International Coach
Great scenes to see the Hameed family. Bloody immigrants, coming over here working hard and producing Test match openers. What our country is at its best, sadly we've gone a long way away from that at present.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Gonna be a draw at this rate. Both openers should have played quickly, then again I guess they didn't want to risk early wickets.

Could set the tone for a series of batting friendly pitches.

Anyway, great stuff to Hameed for getting a 50, first test, only 19, away from home. Good lad!

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
First chance I've had to see Hameed bat.

Atherton just commented on how comfortable he looks, like he belongs, and how he felt the same when Cook made his debut.

I felt the same as him about Cook, and from this innings Hameed just looks like a Test player.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He used to play for Lancashire - can't see us getting him back now :@
2 games a season at the start like Cook has for Essex and a couple at the end once the tests are over and maybe one in the middle during the ODI's if there is one in the schedule. If not him and Cook may play for Lions or another county against a touring side as often as their own side.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Gonna be a draw at this rate. Both openers should have played quickly, then again I guess they didn't want to risk early wickets.

Could set the tone for a series of batting friendly pitches.

Anyway, great stuff to Hameed for getting a 50, first test, only 19, away from home. Good lad!
It would likely be a draw whatever speed the batsmen scored at.

The only chance of a result now is if Indian fall asleep in their innings, lose early wickets and panic.