• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Love how Australia are getting a good old thrashing and the comms are making out they are still really in the game. I'd say an innings defeat is more likely than a win given how bad the batting is.
This from a commentary team who still held hope with England at 550-1 a few Ashes series ago. They're paid to communicate hope. Australia down and out = loss of ratings.

Hopefully this Test provides something of an example that getting rid of the coin toss is absolutely unnecessary. You can juice up a pitch all you want, or dry the **** out of it, but if the opposition's weapons are at least equal to yours, it's at your peril. If the rest of the world figures out how to play spin in India, it'll become a redundant argument. But hey, they probably don't want to. Too hard basket.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice we got a full day of cricket in. Well played SA. Hopefully we can get to 250+ tomorrow with Philander and Maharaj still to bat.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty hard to understand the selection process here. SMarsh looks like one of those over the years who becomes the scrapegoat everytime. He played well in the first innings and what's the reason for dropping him in the next test? Why play him then in the first test even if you have so little faith? Then the case of MM. He's clearly not a no.6 batsman but find a place for him lower down and trust him to do the job as third seamer better than Mennie or whoever if you are so worried about lower order batting as well. MM would have been effective in this pitch more.

1. Warner
2. Whoever
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Voges
6. Whoever (batsman)
7. MMarsh
8. Nevill
9. Starc
10. Haze
11. Lyon

Otherwise just rule out the lower order batting and pick the best bowler presumably Bird in place of MMarsh. Tell Nevill you cant just have the spot looking like Sean Penn

Bahseph

International Debutant
I missed the Aus innings after the first two wickets, was it just exceptional bowling by SA or some dodgy batting as well?

On a side note, I am now fully a Bavuma fanboy. He has definitely proved me wrong since his debut against the Windies. Never looks under pressure.