• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
For ****s sake Lyon. You ****ing idiot. Give the good batsman the strike you tool.
Don't usually like to see turning down singles with the tail but would have made an exception here.

Anyway, SA amazing. Philander probably the best in the world in these conditions.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any chance 77 is a par score? You can't judge a pitch until both sides have batted on it...
Yeah I can't think of a wicket in the world where anything under 100 is a par score. This isn't a great batting deck but it's not a horrible one either. I think if Australia bowl normally they can get SA around 150 or so (which would keep them in the game), but I have no confidence in them doing so.

Great catch that.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was appalling. Just a complete lack of effort from the top order, and some crappy tactics lower down as well.

Our lowest home score since 1984, against the Windies.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
What a performance from Philander. Just world class stuff. And it just underscores the notion that when Steyn exits the stage they'll be just fine.