• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any news on Philander? How weird would it be if SA lost both Steyn & Philander & won the away series 3-0.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good for some rearguard runs, is Mennie. Good technique, better than his batting position would suggest.

mackembhoy

International Regular
I've just got back from the pub.

Am I still drunk? Imagine spending all last month complaining about pitches and still getting spanked at home.

Thank you Australia for existing you give us Poms something to laugh at.

viriya

International Captain
Hopefully voges doesnt get dropped.. distinct danger of him finishing career with the second highest average..

burr

State Vice-Captain
With Ponting as captain, Watson went up the order to open and averaged 41 under his captaincy.

Clarke moved him all around the order and he averaged 31.

Ponting put faith in him and gave him a role that suited him. Clarke ****ed him around and made him feel unstable.

Watson thrived on feeling important, Ponting got that, but Clarke was too selfish to get it.
Interesting you say this. I just saw this video and Ponts talked all about how captaincy to him was getting to know his players and understand what makes them tick. He really is a lovely bloke and fantastic to hear talk about cricket. He's the sort of guy Channel 9 should target, except he's way too good for them obviously. ABC should look to nab him though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1hbPWmnL3g

Anyway, I respectfully disagree. Of all the things I want to come out of the Marsh debacle, some revisionist history of Watson's record of mediocrity is not one of them.