• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
How are the Aus posters of this forum gonna explain this? No subcontinental spinners or pitches to blame.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if australia cross 200 1st innings they are in the game
And if my aunt had balls etc.

Australia should be hoping for 100-150, then bowl normally rather than going for jaffas like they did in England. Maybe it'll flatten out at that point, but I do think it's definitely going to seam with the new ball at least, and Maharaj showed there is spin there.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
How are the Aus posters of this forum gonna explain this? No subcontinental spinners or pitches to blame.
That this is an absolutely awful batting line-up against the moving ball. In other news, sky is blue.

There are genuine Shield-level failings that mean there are remarkably few bats in the country (hell, I can't think of any off the top of my head) who are good players of the moving ball.