• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So if we keep getting on top of Mishra who will India pick instead if they want to continue with 3 spinners? Mishra has looked rubbish so far, makes our spinners look half decent.

anil1405

International Captain
So if we keep getting on top of Mishra who will India pick instead if they want to continue with 3 spinners? Mishra has looked rubbish so far, makes our spinners look half decent.
Good chance they will change the nature of the pitch for 2nd test instead of replacing Mishra with another spinner.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd say 400-450 is par, but India have played 5 bowlers, and scoreboard pressure is a massive thing in test cricket. Add the fact England have a beastly lower order so they could easily get another 150, and India's top order is going to need to bat very very well, notwithstanding I think this is very flat.

Howe_zat

Audio File
400-450 par barely exists in real cricket. And we've seen a bit of turn and reverse swing. It's a high scoring pitch but 450 up front always puts you in the driving seat.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
400-450 par barely exists in real cricket. And we've seen a bit of turn and reverse swing. It's a high scoring pitch but 450 up front always puts you in the driving seat.
Don't think anyone would suggest the opposite.

Dunno what real cricket means.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't think anyone would suggest the opposite.

Dunno what real cricket means.
As in cricket that's been played as oppose to just speculating on the here and now.

I think the idea of a 'par' score should be something that gives you a 50% chance of winning the match or getting a first innings lead, assuming all else is equal. I can't see 450 being that kind of score. The most I'll stretch to is 400 and only then for a complete highway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
As in cricket that's been played as oppose to just speculating on the here and now.
I cannot make sense of this statement.

But I do agree with the rest of what you said. I think this is pretty flat though, time will tell to see what England can do on it.,

Second innings will be interesting ,whether it breaks up.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono what do you have to say about Kohli setting a poor precedent on catching in this test?

Stapel

International Regular
Apart from what is a par score, the thing the has me wondering the most is how fast this pitch will detoriate.

Stapel

International Regular
I think the idea of a 'par' score should be something that gives you a 50% chance of winning the match or getting a first innings lead, assuming all else is equal.
I've alway felt that a par score is when each and every player does his average job. So, setting a par score, batting first on a detoriating pitch, is actually giving a 60% chance of winning.

I do realise this discussion is not getting anywhere.....