• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why do they persit in trying to make an allrounder out of him? Why not pick their 6 best batsmen and 4 bowlers instead of bits and pieces players.
Because we 'have' to have five bowlers, not least because there's (justified) paranoia about one of the quicks breaking down. Being named Marsh seems to help as well.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricket.com.au ‏@CricketAus 3m3 minutes ago Perth, Western Australia
Shaun Marsh is out of the second Test with a broken finger. Joe Burns and Callum Fergsuon add the Australia squad #AUSvSA

lol marsh

StephenZA

Shaun Marsh is out of the second Test with a broken finger. Joe Burns and Callum Fergsuon add the Australia squad #AUSvSA

lol marsh
When did S Marsh break his finger? or is this a convenient excuse?

Marius

International Debutant
If there wasn't the politics to worry about I would say make Faf captain permanently and just let AB worry about his batting when he comes back.

Did a fantastic job and not sure we would have won this Test without him being skipper.

StephenZA

If there wasn't the politics to worry about I would say make Faf captain permanently and just let AB worry about his batting when he comes back.

Did a fantastic job and not sure we would have won this Test without him being skipper.
Faf needs to be captain... and I like Dan`s idea of opening with Bavuma, and unfortunately for him, dropping Cook.

SeamUp

International Coach

lol marsh
No ways :laugh:

Poor bloke just can't get a run of tests. The finger was clearly compensating for the hammie.

vcs

I was wrong about Maharaj, should've waited more than 3 overs to make a judgement. Good bowler and he can hold a bat too. Fitting that he spanked Lyon for 3 sixes and now got his wicket as well.
Too early to make any sort of judgement on him, could easily go for 1/150 type figures for the rest of the series. Having said that, I didn't watch him bowl in the first innings.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to think of a batsman who has been injured as much as Shaun Marsh. If he isn’t getting dropped he is getting injured every other game. Presumably Ferguson is in the squad as they may consider dropping the other Marsh as well.

SeamUp

International Coach

With you here Marius.

We in such a good state at the moment & you just wish decisions can be made for the right reasons.

Faf is a better captain than both AB and Amla. Why did we waste so long ?

At the same time, Portos , becomes vice skipper.

Gnske

lol marsh
Is this real life?

Meme levels are reaching critical with this guy's career

morgieb

lol marsh
Wow. Just can't get a consistent run at things.

Good to see Ferguson in the squad.

StephenZA

With you here Marius.

We in such a good state at the moment & you just wish decisions can be made for the right reasons.

Faf is a better captain than both AB and Amla. Why did we waste so long ?

At the same time, Portos , becomes vice skipper.
Who does deVillers replace?