• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
Can we please get Taylor and Warne in the commentary box to apologise for that half hour to 45 minutes of bagging South Africa for not declaring earlier or playing positively enough yesterday?
One thing that they missed that I think RSA got, was that they were down on bowling resources and having "more time in the game" wasn't as important as "having less time to bowl our frontline guys this evening, and have them fresher for another attack tomorrow"

The only thing I think was questionable was bowling Rabada for so long with the older ball and not keeping a couple of overs up his sleeve for when they took the new ball.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A pity Nev will never ever do anything good when it counts apart from that one time.

Blocky

Banned
It's screwing with your mojo, considering you're trying to bat Mitchell Marsh at 6. If you had a decent keeper-batsman, you could do an Alec Stewart at 6.

Don't think either Marsh is a long term option just yet for Aus, Mitchell shows a lot of potential but potential doesn't win you matches, and with your batting line up being flat track popgun bullies, they need more out of their 6, 7 and 8.

Why you guys think Steve Smith is your best batsman is also comical too, David Warner is so much better.

Blocky

Banned
Also interesting - Australians hating KP as commentator, ROW loving it and being reminded somewhat of Tony Greig.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also interesting - Australians hating KP as commentator, ROW loving it and being reminded somewhat of Tony Greig.
Australians love KP. It's been the overseas fans that seem to be bitching about him the most. (see below)

Even when he was playing Aussies seemed to like him more than the English did

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I'm not minding KP either. If he wasn't surrounded by the Ch9 team I reckon he'd be genuinely good (as he was for 10)

Blocky

Banned
Yeah I'm not minding KP either. If he wasn't surrounded by the Ch9 team I reckon he'd be genuinely good (as he was for 10)
Ricky Ponting is another great analyst and commentator who should be used more, I'm not adverse to Warne, I just think you use him once for every three sessions everyone else does so he doesn't get bored and start to **** around.

Nicholas, KP, Ponting, Warne and Chappelli for a bit of legacy... Mark Waugh as an alternate

Heals, Slats, Clarke to all go to the ditch they buried Brendon Julian in.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ricky Ponting is another great analyst and commentator who should be used more, I'm not adverse to Warne, I just think you use him once for every three sessions everyone else does so he doesn't get bored and start to **** around.

Nicholas, KP, Ponting, Warne and Chappelli for a bit of legacy... Mark Waugh as an alternate

Heals, Slats, Clarke to all go to the ditch they buried Brendon Julian in.
Wut

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When do SA fans start getting nervous? Lyon can also bat a bit, can't he?