• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

anil1405

International Captain
remember when mr mister said Australia were going to ruin Rabada's career?

lol
To ruin a bowlers career, batsmen should have established their career first and most of the batsmen here are making up the numbers for the sake of it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
IIRC Chappell mixed up Rabada and Bavuma too. Seems kinda racist to me.
I agree tbh....even if it is a bit of a long bow.

I never ever heard these guy's mixing up James Taylor with Chris Woakes for eg. Obviously it's not intentional but either way it is just plain ****. ****s are payed to know these players, and constantly mixing up the two black players in a side.......is not a good look, and is at best an indication of how **** at their job they are.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay Rabada replacing Steyn (:cry:) in my Happiness XI

M Vijay | Tamim | Che Pu | ABdV | Rahane | Misbah | QdK | Ashwin | Bhuvi | Rabada | Herath

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't understand this though I've heard people say it. It's not racist to say one black man looks more like another black man than he looks like a white man. It would be just plain dumb if he mistook Rabada for let's say, Du Plessis when they're both on the field.

It would be weird though if Rabada was running in to bowl, and he called him Bavuma, or said "Rabada's quick at short leg" when he's actually bowling.

indiaholic

International Captain
I don't understand this though I've heard people say it. It's not racist to say one black man looks more like another black man than he looks like a white man. It would be just plain dumb if he mistook Rabada for let's say, Du Plessis when they're both on the field.

It would be weird though if Rabada was running in to bowl, and he called him Bavuma, or said "Rabada's quick at short leg" when he's actually bowling.
An dpeople can spot the variations among people of the race that is same as theirs. That is true. Confusing Bavuma with Kagiso is impossible because Bavuma is at least 2 feet shorter than him.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure if it's necessarily racist.. Just laziness and lack of 'intent' to prepare for the job, learn the names, learn how to pronounce, start picking them in the fields.

Teja.

Global Moderator
It's not racism. It's just staggering incompetence in mixing up the 2 guys who're black and have non-anglo sounding names.

Chappell is just a dumb, old ignorant **** and in C9, that is a badge of honour.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An dpeople can spot the variations among people of the race that is same as theirs. That is true. Confusing Bavuma with Kagiso is impossible because Bavuma is at least 2 feet shorter than him.
Yeah that's true. Probably camera angles make it difficult to pick up on that. Dunno really.