• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So guys

What's a good target?

I would opt for the higher side here.. still excellent conditions for batting, extremely fast outfield, 2 full days left and the pace at which Warner bats, he can get 150 all by himself before tea and with Steyn down, I would feel comfortable with 500 and totally bat out Australia. Anything below 450 and you give them a chance.
Careful we gonna get infracted...

dermo

International Vice-Captain
good insight this from KP, the man is an expert on friendships with south african players

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Careful we gonna get infracted...
I'm not talking about the time..I'm talking about the score here.. I don't care how long they bat..the pace of this pitch and the pace with which Australia bats gives South Africa a lot more time to bat.

My point is simple..as a captain, the first thing I would want to rule out is the Opposition's option for a victory. I want a total where when Australia go into bat, they go with a) Draw b) we lose.

500+ is what will do that in my view.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Greg James on BT sport clearly auditioning for a role on channel 9 with his inny, matey nonsense. Swanny, Vaughany.

What a ****ing cretin.

SeamUp

International Coach
KP ✔ @KP24
Hanging on Supersport right now with @7polly7! Northwood???? ��������

Maritzburg College boy bullying the Northwood boy but at least there is a Northwood boy in the SA test team in Maharaj !

ImpatientLime

International Regular
KP ✔ @KP24
Hanging on Supersport right now with @7polly7! Northwood???? ��������

Maritzburg College boy bullying the Northwood boy but at least there is a Northwood boy in the SA test team in Maharaj !
Wow they finally found a Saffer in the comms box.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If I told you that AB wouldn't be playing, Steyn would get injured and barely bowl, and Amla would fail in both innings, you'd presume Saffers would lose by a gigantic margin. Instead they are bossing it.

SeamUp

International Coach
Wow they finally found a Saffer in the comms box.
Funnily enough KP doesn't seem to be to bothered claiming the SA thing nowadays like Tony Greig always did. Even Lamby...Wessels etc

Day 1- First session he says spot the South African in the comm box. Then came silence. :ph34r: :laugh:

Last edited: