• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Alastair Cook go on to surpass Tendulkar's test run tally?

Will Cook surpass Tendulkar's test run tally?

• Yes, he's still a real chance

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Unlikely, but a slim outside chance

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • No chance at all now

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Basphemy to even pose such a question

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shady Slim

International Coach
i know it's a stupid reason but the cricket romanticist in me doesn't want this record broken atm by cook the same reason i don't want bradman's 99.94 beaten atm

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voges has shown how safe Bradman's record truly is

he was only a chance at beating it because he debuted at 37 and that hardly ever happens. and he has no chance of beating it now

Shady Slim

International Coach
well yeah that's just my go to example of "romanticistic records i don't want broken for romanticistic reasons"

Coronis

International Coach
Tendulkar nuts will always have redeeming aspects. When Cook was getting 10000 runs, he was said to be the youngest. They said Tendulkar would have the record for doing it in least tests. When Cook did it in lower number of tests, they highlighted how Tendulkar was younger.
Except Cook didn't do it in a lower number of tests?

Bijed

International Regular
Voges has shown how safe Bradman's record truly is

he was only a chance at beating it because he debuted at 37 and that hardly ever happens. and he has no chance of beating it now
If South Africa bowl all series like they did today he could see his average get up to the 90s again

Kirkut

International Regular
To get past Tendulkar he needs to score around 1000 runs every year if he's to play till the age of 37. If he's fit enough to play for England till early 40's like Graham Gooch, it shouldn't be impossible.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Alastair Cook has as much chance of doing it as Stephen Cook does.
No he has a fair chance. 900-1000 runs a year might seem a lot but considering the number of tests England play and the fact that he opens, it isn't.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cook did it in lower number of innings perhaps. Some thing he did beat Tendulkar at.
Just googled. He was the youngest, beat him at that. Initially he was getting it in lesser tests than Tendulkar but that didn't happen. So the other way around to what I mentioned earlier.