• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope SA can scrape 200 somehow. Du Plessis/Bavuma/De Kock are certainly capable.

On Warner, he's clearly no Einstein, but I remember reading somewhere he's made a lot of money off successful investments outside cricket...

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope SA can scrape 200 somehow. Du Plessis/Bavuma/De Kock are certainly capable.

On Warner, he's clearly no Einstein, but I remember reading somewhere he's made a lot of money off successful investments outside cricket...
Need to get to 300... think that will definitely keep us in a game. 200 is not nearly close enough....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Duminy at 4 < Ballance at 4

what an embarrassment to the great #4s of our time. Tendulkar, Lara, Kohli

StephenZA

Pietersen currently on SA commentary very.... flannel pure flannel.... currently stroking de Kock off (in a good way)

mr_mister

Rilee must be lickin his lips. Odds are one of Cook/Elgar will fail again in the second dig and then he must get the nod for the second test

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
also good to see Aussie fans cracking the shits at their pitches being called roads all the time. Literally tasting what subcontinent fans have had to cop for a decade.

StephenZA

Rilee must be lickin his lips. Odds are one of Cook/Elgar will fail again in the second dig and then he must get the nod for the second test
I think that Cook will need to do something special 2nd innings... but Rilee cannot open, he plays to many injudicious shots.

Gnske

also good to see Aussie fans cracking the shits at their pitches being called roads all the time. Literally tasting what subcontinent fans have had to cop for a decade.
But subcontinent fans deserve every last bit of it.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm not watching the game, but commentary seems to suggest that this is a very typical Australian pitch tbh. Lots of pace and bounce, bit of movement, generally hard to get used to for the new batsman at the crease. Especially hard when you have a quality pace attack who knows how to use the conditions bowling at you.

But the ball will get older and softer, and as long as a couple of guys can weather the initial storm and get their eye in, there are runs to be had. Bounce is true, outfield is quick. There is value in your strokes.

I expect both sides to be something like 50/3 a lot over this series, provided conditions stay the same. Both teams have quality quicks and frail top orders. We're living in the golden era of the Engine Room; expect loads of runs from 7-11.

mr_mister

I'm not watching the game, but commentary seems to suggest that this is a very typical Australian pitch tbh. Lots of pace and bounce, bit of movement, generally hard to get used to for the new batsman at the crease. Especially hard when you have a quality pace attack who knows how to use the conditions bowling at you.

But the ball will get older and softer, and as long as a couple of guys can weather the initial storm and get their eye in, there are runs to be had. Bounce is true, outfield is quick. There is value in your strokes.

I expect both sides to be something like 50/3 a lot over this series, provided conditions stay the same. Both teams have quality quicks and frail top orders. We're living in the golden era of the Engine Room; expect loads of runs from 7-11.
Both 11s aren't much chop... Change this statement to 6-9