• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
oh my god we're gonna lose because Steyn sunk our battleship
We can only hope it was so easy.....

Its going to be about Rabada for me.... he has gone a little off form recently and has become a touch inconsistent; not surprising from somebody so young. But if he bowls as well as he did against England earlier this year think we have a real chance. Oh and as always Amla needs to keep the top order together.

StephenZA

And I`m not so happy about all this talk coming from the SA camp... not generally our style even if Faf and Steyn does it better than De Villers.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are you guys talking about.. SA have always talked a good game against Australia prior to the series. Which is usually followed by them getting smashed. :p

StephenZA

What are you guys talking about.. SA have always talked a good game against Australia prior to the series. Which is usually followed by them getting smashed. :p
No we`ve tried recently to talk big (I think its a confidence thing)... but normally we have always been more "how tough it is, we have chance but playing against opposition x home or away is always difficult" etc... Smith talked big when he first became captain but he kept calmer later... but its not a big forte of SA`s.

vcs

I remember there was plenty of needle between the two sides prior to the series when SA got close to the No. 1 spot in 2002. Also the infamous WC 2007 semifinal.

cnerd123

likes this
de kock's really standing up on this tour.
I wonder if he'll have the wood over Australia.
Nah, Test series will be a different balls game.
That said, popular bloke, will be giving lots of autographs so won't lose track of where his pen is.
Looking forward to great single-handed efforts from de Kock.
SA top order isn't as good as people think it is so De kock would have to come early which would put extra pressure on him
yeah quint's a pretty good batsman

erections
:laughing:

Underrated passage of play here

Burgey

That WC 2007 semi was hilarious and tragic all in one go. So much confected bravado and it took about three overs for the balloon to be pricked. It was a really good lesson in just doing what's comfortable to you and not trying to be something you're not. cf Zaheer Khan 2003 WC Final.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Regardless its a definitive strategy that steyn is using. If it backfires, its going to look poor but out of them all, I'm enjoying that its coming from Steyn as he will be leading the attack. Basically either he's putting pressure on himself by talking like this or it's going to play inside the mind of Smith.

SeamUp

International Coach
Back-to-back test series wins in Australia.

Who last did that ?

Who last did three in a row ?

Steyn can talk as much sense and as much **** as he wants really.

OverratedSanity

I would forgive all the WC fiascos if we could win 3 down under in a row....
WC victories are awesome for a month or two after but those hard fought test victories are always the one's savour for ever really.
You've never experienced a WC win though, so I doubt you can have the proper perspective here. Although I don't have it either since India have never and probably will never win a test series in Australia.

Heboric

International Debutant
Thats the one thing I could never understand from a large portion of Protea supporters. What must the captain/player say - "No we are crap we are going to get hammered. All our players are crap"

THe other nation talks themselves up through the roof.

OverratedSanity

Thats the one thing I could never understand from a large portion of Protea supporters. What must the captain/player say - "No we are crap we are going to get hammered. All our players are crap"

THe other nation talks themselves up through the roof.
Yes the two extremes are the only possible options.

SeamUp

International Coach
You've never experienced a WC win though, so I doubt you can have the proper perspective here. Although I don't have it either since India have never and probably will never win a test series in Australia.
True comment.

I suppose it comes down to enjoying the absorbing moments of test cricket. You with them for 5 days out there whether it is on the couch or at the ground.

One-dayers I enjoy. I mean eventhough we drew the SF in 1999 it is basically one of the best games of 1-day cricket that will ever be & I say that even after disappointment. The emotions through that game were almost like test cricket where it goes one-way-and-the-next but it's probably more to do with being and avid test cricket lover that you enjoy the victories more and they come around more often and there is more cricket being over 5-days.