• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
FMD nothing is better than seeing that sour sack of **** Dobell have a wahhhh in his articles. Just the epitome of a whingeing pom.
hes officially now part of sky commentary team. With all these new additions, the next ashes is going to implode

cnerd123

likes this
The second test was quite different to the first one.

The first one was tough, hard fought, intense cricket with each side clawing and scraping for an advantage and playing at a really high standard and with very few ****ups and brain fades over the course of the 5 days.

The second one had each team taking turns to capitulate or throw away positions of strength due to sloppy cricket/panic/trepidation.

England bowling first bowl pretty poorly and get taken apart for BD to reach 171/1
BD collapse from there with 49/9
England fail to capitalise from there with their top and middle order playing plenty of loose shots to reach 144/8
BD mess up from there with poor bowling changes and some panicky stuff from Mushy to let Rash and Woakes put on 99
BD pull themselves together once the lead is conceded and Woakes and Rashid can't push the lead on, getting bowled out shortly after
England don't capitalise on the lead with more loose bowling and some dropped catches in the field
But BD don't do themselves any favors - Mahmadullah's shot, some loose pokes outside off, the lower/middle order not showing the kind of grit they did in the first test and instead go hunting for runs and fall playing some loose strokes. You felt they 'left runs out there' as one poster put it, but the top order had put it so much good work already (as they did in the first innings), that they ultimately had enough.
BD panic in reaction to Duckett's quick start, even tho they have 273 to defend, and bowl poorly to let England race to 100/0
With 173 needed and 10 wickets in hand, England panic once two wickets fall, and quickly fall into a heap with more loose shots and panicked batting against some good spin bowling to lose 10 in a session.

It felt like one of those games where England were so scared of losing to BD that they felt uncertain about their cricket throughout, and without Broad or Batty there wasn't anyone reliable Cook could turn to in the field outside of Stokes, whereas BD were just so scared of ****ing up everytime they had a dominant position that they would inevitably **** up. They are always afraid of being humiliated, and three times in this test - 49/9, 99 for Rash and Woakes, and then 100/0 - their nightmares came true. But they held on and found a way to win anyways. The BD top order of Tamim Mominul and Kayes were so ****ing good in both innings. Mahmadullah was good in the second innings till his brain fade. Shakib put in a solid all round game and made runs (albeit with some luck) and took wickets when it mattered. Mehedi Hasan Miraz - Mirage - is so young and unscarred from all the past defeats and failures of this team, he had no mental baggage holding him back and was ultimately the game winner for the side.

It was a strange Test; but when England were staring their fears in the face they really had no body to turn to to pull them out of it. Bangladesh had their batsmen, Shakib and Mirage.

IDK maybe I'm rambling; you can ignore me.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ballance can still have a test career just maybe not with England. Got so many issues that it’s hard to see how he can comeback. At least Vince looks the part.
Unless India rest Ashwin for a dead rubber, can’t see how he won’t get 50 wickets in the series. England have too many cack handers.
Are you saying he should go back to Zimbabwe?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Happiness XI is now complete:

M Vijay | Tamim | Che Pu | ABdV | Rahane | Misbah | de Kock + | Ashwin | Bhuvi | Steyn | Herath |

burr

State Vice-Captain
FMD nothing is better than seeing that sour sack of **** Dobell have a wahhhh in his articles. Just the epitome of a whingeing pom.
Hearing TMS tease him for his hyperbole yesterday was quite fun. Can't stand Dobell. He grates my last nerve.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Bit blunt? I know full well that stats don't tell the whole story. I thought it might be interesting to look at just how badly he's done after a very promising start to his career, but obviously not. Sorry if you feel the time you took reading my post was time wasted.
Well it wasn't a comment meant to offend it was simply a statement o fact that there are too many staticians rather than ppl actually watching players. Not necessarily you.

Your post made a good point of how far ballance has fallen.

Don't worry about it mate. LTM dissed Allan Border in a previous post. That's all you need to know about him :ph34r:
I merely stated facts that the red nosed border wasn't fit to carry miandads jock strap.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Ponting, Vaughan, Swann, Pietersen. Plus Alison Mitchell and Greg James presenting.

Not sure if they'll get others.
Post got deleted.

Was basically saying that's a good comm line up and isn't filled with creaking old men. Sky have been exceptionally lazy and old fashioned with their sports broadcasts over the last few years so glad there's some comp for them.

Having said that if the ecb truly are the custodians of the game, they should be looking to put more cricket on terrestrial TV.

Burner

International Regular
It must not be very nice being an England spinner right about now. You just lost a test against Bangladesh, the captain says you are ****, you know you are **** and you have 5 tests play in India in ten days. On top of all that you have an angry ginger in the team.