• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Alastair Cook go on to surpass Tendulkar's test run tally?

Will Cook surpass Tendulkar's test run tally?

• Yes, he's still a real chance

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Unlikely, but a slim outside chance

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • No chance at all now

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Basphemy to even pose such a question

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
4, 12, 14, 59

Scores like that vs. Bangladesh aren't going to help him get there. He is a mile off, no chance of doing it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When he passes the record I am going to dig up each one of Jono's posts where he said there was no chance. It'll be about as many posts as Cook has test runs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He really should have no chance of passing Tendulkar's runs because he should never play another match again. Should be dropped after being the captain for the disgrace that is the Bangladesh tour if truth be told.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He really should have no chance of passing Tendulkar's runs because he should never play another match again. Should be dropped after being the captain for the disgrace that is the Bangladesh tour if truth be told.

Does that mean if England win in India that Kohli should be dropped?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't be weldone.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe he will do this now .

He might be so determined to avenge this he won't be able to retire until he's been back to Bangladesh, so that should be round about this time in 2023

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How many wives will you have got through by then FF?
None - I've been given a certificate by my GP that says I don't have the mental capacity to marry and I have lodged a copy with every registrar in the country and had it noted on my passport - 'twas expensive but after what the last one cost me still a bargain

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hope Cook does surpass him. The amount of crying it would generate would be amazing. Would legitimately open up the discussion re: whether Cook overtook him as the 3rd greatest test bat ever too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hope Cook does surpass him. The amount of crying it would generate would be amazing. Would legitimately open up the discussion re: whether Cook overtook him as the 3rd greatest test bat ever too.
Tendulkar nuts will always have redeeming aspects. When Cook was getting 10000 runs, he was said to be the youngest. They said Tendulkar would have the record for doing it in least tests. When Cook did it in lower number of tests, they highlighted how Tendulkar was younger.