• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

neville cardus

International Debutant
It's also worth noting that shortened Test Matches aren't great for short-term finances. Which is why we see so many slow, low, nothingness pitches on the modern circuit. One day I'll write a long Marxian tract, heavily footnoted and rich in dialectics, about how the pinches and exigencies of capitalism are bad for cricket.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Woakes' wicket at the end there showed the difference between batting against the old ball and the new ball. As soon as it came on he didn't look like he'd last the over. Certainly something to note when we see the lower order consistently make more runs, not that it excuses the top order from not being able to do what they're in the bloody team to do.

Finn opening the bowling is interesting.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting that Stokes and/or Woakes aren't opening the bowling. Guess the former's at his most lethal when he's reversing it and the latter is just coming off a huge knock but still....

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
A word about this pitch, by the way. It'll come in for some criticism (especially if England lose), but I think it's perfect. There's nothing like a low-scoring Test Match for sustained tension. I do wish they were more frequent.
Who is going to be criticising it???

And I agree this is a great wicket, win or lose this test I would much rather see 200 V's 200 than 500 V's 500. And I'm sure that 99.94% of English posters on this forum would say the same.

neville cardus

International Debutant
And I agree this is a great wicket, win or lose this test I would much rather see 200 V's 200 than 500 V's 500. And I'm sure that 99.94% of English posters on this forum would say the same.
Well, I hope so. But I well remember the self-righteous noises we heard after South Africa's last visit to India...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

And I agree this is a great wicket, win or lose this test I would much rather see 200 V's 200 than 500 V's 500. And I'm sure that 99.94% of posters on this forum would say the same.
Fixed.

Certainly I saw more value in the Nagpur pitch than the Perth pitch, for example.

Bijed

International Regular
Whilst he certainly hasn't been anywhere near as good as he can be, in fairness to him he had a LOT of catches put down off his bowling, IIRC. I agree that I'd rather see Ball, though, especially as he was arguably unlucky to be dropped in the first place.

With Broad rested though, what happens now if Stokes, Woakes & Finn all gun it in this test? Does he stay rested until one of them does badly? Would seem strange
Well, if there's one positive to take, it's that this dilemma is not going to materialise

Howe_zat

Audio File
Really? This happens every team a non-Asian team is spun out in Asia.
Maybe but there's no need to pre-empt muppet comments when none have actually been made. Unless you wanna spend time feeling cleverer than some nameless ignorant people, in which case, youtube is best

neville cardus

International Debutant
Maybe but there's no need to pre-empt muppet comments when none have actually been made. Unless you wanna spend time feeling cleverer than some nameless ignorant people, in which case, youtube is best
It was a passing remark. You guys have made a lot more of it than I did. My main purpose was to praise the pitch, not to snipe at those who'll be sniping at it.

91Jmay

International Coach
I have no earthly idea why Finn is a) on tour, b) bowling in this situation.

Remember all the smart arses who were blathering on about how fine he was before the Test 8-)