• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't even think about quotas. Philander is going to be hammered.
Philander did well at the WACA last time, economical and got a few important wickets and is genuinely a decent bowler to left handers which will be important here. Though he did have a bit more nip back then.
Think Morne would be more of a concern as you just don’t know what you are going to get and Warner has battered him a fair few times before as well. Abbott seems cannier and probably is a better flat wicket bowler, so if they are going with four quicks he may be a better option than Morne.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Regardless of how he went in this Tour game, Philander is almost certain to play come the first Test.

He still has enough credit in the bank and the quota system largely dictates that he has to be in. Feel sorry for Morkel, as he has added an with a dimension to this attack for years but Rabada in theory could provide the same skills he does.
There is also the fact if morkel plays the tail starts at 8, vern is a much batter bat.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Don't think that's right actually. Greig left SA to play in the UK in about '67, before we were banned. I think he'd already made the decision to throw his lot in with England before we were banned. Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall, but he certainly didn't leave SA after we were kicked out of international cricket.
He still kept his options open though. Returned to play for border and eastern province each year till SA was banned. No way to know what he would have done if SA wasn't banned.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watched the highlights, dunno if we can read too much into the tour game after all. Ludeman, upon deciding to tee off, is tough to stop but some of the shots he and others were playing off the Test guys were a bit ridiculous. Smashing Morkel on the up through cover and Philander through backward point with no fear, that stuff will be in the cupboard just about anywhere else in Australia,

Harry Nielsen might be talking about the time he slashed Morkel behind point for years.

Burgey

For non aussies explain who and what is TPC,Aorta and WPNCOS

Although actually how the eff is smith not the whinge reading the rest of your post? He's a complete and utter whinging tosser.

So yeah throw in the whinging effwitt to my question
TPC is The People Champion, Steve Smith

Whinging ****wit is Khawaaaaahhhja who complained he was a scapegoat in SL despite not knowing which end of the bat to hold.

Aorta is Siddle. Big heart, runs in hard, etc

Nathan Lyon is WPNCOS. World's Premier Non-Chucking Off Spinner.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Regular

Whinging ****wit is Khawaaaaahhhja who complained he was a scapegoat in SL despite not knowing which end of the bat to hold.

Cheers I like it :laugh:

I'd guessed who lyon was down to OS but nee idea what the rest meant.

DriveClub

International Regular

There aren't any chucking off spinners now so WPNCOS is a bit redundant

Burgey

wel that's your view and you're entitled to it, but I think there are several going around with questionable actions tbh.

And once again, I'm sorry to have to point this out, but once you have a nickname, it sticks. You can't just change that **** up.

Not in anyway directed at you, DC, but I genuinely do wonder whether many posters here have played sport for any length of time. If you have, you surely know how nicknames stick.

Top_Cat

We really going to argue the technicalities of sporting nicknames?

DriveClub's new nickname; prof.

Spikey

those of us that have finished our last year of school know of a way to pronounce wpncos