• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Could he really play for the Windies?

"I'd be open to it obviously," said Barker.
Uh.

If you're reading into it that the headline suggests the Windies have approached him, I'm not sure it does.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I'd back him to score runs before most of their top 6 tbf and if he bowls 20 overs at 2rpo he's a shoe in. Even if his overs are wicketless!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gabriel's pretty good huh? If Roach reverts back to his old self and Joseph comes good, they potentially have a good pace battery there.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heh, Misbah given not out when he was probably out on 6, given out when he probably wasn't.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
If we get to 300, this should be a good match. Pitch isn't as flat as Ramiz is claiming it is and this Pak team isn't as mentally weak like it was a few years back.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is Gabriel the fastest bowler in test cricket today?
Consistently I think Starc is quicker but for the odd ball or two than Gabriel is capable of some serious pace. I haven’t watched much of this test but he was touching 150kph last test. Be great if Gabriel could now push on as Joseph looks a real talent albeit very raw. Holder still a huge concern however, last 12 test matches he is only taken 10 wickets and just bowling gun barrel straight at 120kph. Batting isn't much to write home about as well, averaging just 25.

Niall

International Coach
Its not cost them here, but from what I seen of Nawaz's batting I would be concerned. He isn't a rabbit, but not convinced he is ready for the top seven in test cricket especially with very hard series to come in NZ and Australia. I am doubtful if a spin bowling all rounder especially one that is a novice will make much difference in either two nations, although I admit 4 bowlers would be very risky and I doubt Wasim would offer much with the ball. Its very odd they never looked at Yamin really.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Gabriel is faster than Wahab now. Starc maybe a better competitor.
Really? Wahab has spent years bowling at or more than 150kph, which is clearly over 90mph.

In this series Gabriel has been quicker.

Starc, I don't think can do these types of speeds on UAE picthes.

They're all quick enough though.

Gabriel however has the meanest bouncer, Starc the best control and Wahab the best reverse.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Its not cost them here, but from what I seen of Nawaz's batting I would be concerned. He isn't a rabbit, but not convinced he is ready for the top seven in test cricket especially with very hard series to come in NZ and Australia. I am doubtful if a spin bowling all rounder especially one that is a novice will make much difference in either two nations, although I admit 4 bowlers would be very risky and I doubt Wasim would offer much with the ball. Its very odd they never looked at Yamin really.
Pakistan NEED 5 bowlers. They got away with it against England because their batsmen often backed them up and at times, Shah, Riaz and Amir looked very good. The same will not go in much tougher and much warmer conditions in Australia, against a more lethal batting line up.

Pakistan need to pick a pace/seam bowling all rounder and go with Shah, Wahab/Rahat/Khan, Amir and Babar as their main bowlers.