• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Surprise to hear that is Kraigg Brathwaite's third six in test cricket. Didn't think he had that many but that was a nice shot.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Can't remember the last time I saw an all-run four. (Must remember to chalk this up as evidence for my theory that, quite apart from bigger bats and flatter wickets, the modern game is blighted by shorter boundaries.)

Last edited:

neville cardus

International Debutant
This is a side that got bowled out for 123 in the second test just one week ago. They themselves brought WI into the game, and had to survive a scare on Day 5 to win the game. They got a hiding from their coach and captain. How do you think the team is going to bat in the second innings a week later?

It's like there is no real understanding of context, narrative, circumstances, no real attempt to understand what the team might be thinking and what their approach would be based on that.

And if Rameez wasn't bad enough, now Waqar joined the bandwagon and talking about 'lack of aggression' and this is when I realized something. The test team played exactly the same way under Waqar and he took great pride in that and defended the team when people called them 'defensive or lacking intent'. So what I've realized is that these commentators are told to keep talking, and there are a lot of times in the course of a test match when you don't necessarily have something to say. If Azhar and Sami are just grinding down the opposition and leaving a lot of deliveries, and the pitch is not doing much and the WI bowlers look tired and out of ideas, you don't have something to say..so you talk the same crap over and over again - positive intent, aggression, defensive/negative strategy.

Now I understand what the great Benaud meant when he said that you don't always have to talk as a commentator. I guess the broadcasters today need to learn this. They are the ones forcing these commentators to keep speaking and when they can't come up with something, they have to resort to this. Surely Waqar doesn't believe the **** he is saying because he was with this team in the exact same situation last year.
You're a man after my own heart.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sohail Khan reversing it with Waqar commentating was nice to watch. Yasir needs to slow down the pace at times. What an immense talent he is.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is a side that got bowled out for 123 in the second test just one week ago. They themselves brought WI into the game, and had to survive a scare on Day 5 to win the game. They got a hiding from their coach and captain. How do you think the team is going to bat in the second innings a week later?

It's like there is no real understanding of context, narrative, circumstances, no real attempt to understand what the team might be thinking and what their approach would be based on that.

And if Rameez wasn't bad enough, now Waqar joined the bandwagon and talking about 'lack of aggression' and this is when I realized something. The test team played exactly the same way under Waqar and he took great pride in that and defended the team when people called them 'defensive or lacking intent'. So what I've realized is that these commentators are told to keep talking, and there are a lot of times in the course of a test match when you don't necessarily have something to say. If Azhar and Sami are just grinding down the opposition and leaving a lot of deliveries, and the pitch is not doing much and the WI bowlers look tired and out of ideas, you don't have something to say..so you talk the same crap over and over again - positive intent, aggression, defensive/negative strategy.

Now I understand what the great Benaud meant when he said that you don't always have to talk as a commentator. I guess the broadcasters today need to learn this. They are the ones forcing these commentators to keep speaking and when they can't come up with something, they have to resort to this. Surely Waqar doesn't believe the **** he is saying because he was with this team in the exact same situation last year.
More fool you for taking anything Rameez Raja says seriously, bloke is a total ****wit.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like Blackwood plays best when just goes '**** it'. Did it against India too.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Watch Here the Full Highlights of 2nd test day 5 : Pakistan vs West Indies 2nd Test Day 5 Highlights 25-10-2016
Thanks. Do you make or assemble these highlights yourself? I ask because I've been flirting with the idea of archiving or curating or preserving footage of old Test Matches -- in their entirety where possible. For a sport so zealous of its heritage and its letters, cricket seems pretty blasé about this stuff. High time a project like this were undertaken. I shudder to think how much we've lost already.